XFI with Racetronix Double Pumper?

Chrisk

TurboTransAm.com
How can I see or test that my second pump is turning on in my XFI?

Thanks,
Chris

Which output are you using? If you are using map and tps, set the map threshold below 100 and tps at 50%. Then with the key on and the engine off, just move the throttle above 50% and you should hear the relay click.

That's part of the problem. I didn't do the install Otto did and now I'm trying to figure this out as well as logging fuel pressure. I sent the car to him with a powerlogger installed and don't think he installed the signal wire from the sensor for the fuel press.
But I will try what you mentioned to verify the fuel pump.

Which output are you using? If you are using map and tps, set the map threshold below 100 and tps at 50%. Then with the key on and the engine off, just move the throttle above 50% and you should hear the relay click.

This didnt work. The manual says the ecu has to see a rpm signal.

You have to figure out how the second pump is wired.

My second pump is wired using auxiliary output 2 (pin B2) which uses boost and tps to turn on the ouput. It works fine with the engine off. My main pump is wired to the fuel pump output and it will only come on for a prime and then it has to see rpm.

Your second pump could be on pin B1 (aux. 1) and would need rpm and tps to come on. Aux 3 and 4 use coolant temp or air temp and tps, mph and tps. It is unlikely yours is wired using 3 or 4. Or, you could be using a racetreonix harness with something triggering the pump other than the xfi.

Ok thanks. I will pull the connector and see where there is a wire going to the aux out.

with the car running i set the aux 2 tps and map kps to 0 for a few seconds then put it back to my original settings and log the auxout2 along with fuel psi and can see fuel pressure go up and when the 2nd pump kicks on.