XFI with Dakota Digital dash

sackracing

Staff member
Have a car with a Dakota digital dash, which uses an adaptor for the mph. We can't get the xfi to read the mph off the Dakota adaptor. Anyone have any experience with this?

Cal, I think Brad talked to you about this one. Spliced into the a/d convertor for the Dakota speedo but the fast doesn't acknowledge it.

A couple questions:
Is it a 3 wire HE signal or a 2 wire IPU signal?
Are you using an adaptor harness or a stand alone with a VSS plug on it?

I'm heading to Radial Race in South GA tomorrow, so I may be a little slow in responding.

Cal,
I can tell you that the sensor is HE and says 1600 PP mile. That should make it discrete vs inductive. The sensor connects to a box supplied by Dakota. The Dakota speedo is working correctly. But the fast will not see it. Tried multiple scenarios. Nothing working yet. Without this I can't set the car up to lock up the converter.
Thx

So you have it hooked up to the discrete vss input. Do you have the ipu vss input grounded?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So you have it hooked up to the discrete vss input. Do you have the ipu vss input grounded?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Input is connected to A5, and A16 is jumped to A1.

The only other XFI issue would be the rate sensor calibration values. If they are good, I would put a scope on the wire going to A5

Ok.. To my understanding (I have a Dakota VHX dash) The control box for the dash has a VSS Out terminal or Speed out. It is programmable for 2000-4000 pp.
For the Digital one it is labeled SPD OUT (2000 PPM SPEED SIGNAL OUTPUT).

I have yet to hook up my VSS signal wire to the Dakota box.... I just remember reading about it in the directions.

Ok. Finally got it working. Talked directly to fast and confirmed that A5 to the sensor and grounding A16 was correct. Was just double checking. Also called Dakota and they were zero help. Ended up cutting the caspers harness so that the sensor went directly to A5 and jumping A16 to A1 for the ground. That solved the signal problem. Rest was in the driveshaft calibration in the XFI. Ended up being 100 for now. At least till I can zero it in on the road.