XFI wired can I turn key to check for fuel leaks?

Heath

Elroyjr
Just got XFI wired . Can I turn key to check for leaks? Do I need to do something to the computer first?

Power the fuel system from the black connector beside the alternator. Jump it to the alternator.

No leaks is a good thing...you will want to set the fuel pressure to about 43 lbs hose off at idle.

I assume I have to do something to the computer before it will crank? I have not turned the key yet. is there a tune in Fast when you get it new?

Depends on who you got it from. Ebay, no. Cal, absolutely. (If you gave him your build specs)

I just finished up my install recently. A few pointers, calibrate your sensors, move IAT sensor, set crank reference angle and make sure MAP has signal. I had some trouble getting mine to fire initially due to a bad map. It all worked out, now I'm working on the tune.

Now me computer wont connect to the ECU! the connector is wrong and windows cannot find update.

Using Vista. I called FAST and got it connected. Called Jack at Cottons to make sure the tune is good enough to start. Now car won,t idle below 2800!!

If I change IAC out do I need to unplug the orange wire like on the stock computer?

If I change IAC out do I need to unplug the orange wire like on the stock computer?

No. Just make sure you don't power on the xfi without the iac plugged in. It will blow the driver.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Actually, you can power it up with the iac unplugged. Just don't plug it in or unplug the iac with the ecu powered up. Lots of race cars don't use an iac at all without damaging the box