XFI vs TT SD

XFI has traction control option as well. SD TT does not

The XFI traction control option wasn't on their standard units.....and is not a simple option file you load into yours. AFAIK.... you have to send in the red box to get a black box. I'm not sure if all the new XFI's (the ones that will come standard with the 2.0) will have traction control or not... or this will still be an adder at the time of purchase...

The self-learning 1 bar restriction is only for the EZ EFI setups. Unless something changes, the self learning feature will be available on all 2.0 applications regardless of MAP. In other words, it will work on the turbo Buick V6 engine. Remember, it is only as good as the WBO2 data that it is receiving, so some big cam engines may struggle with it at idle.

This update is going to have a lot of changes, but certainly isn't needed for everyone. I will be giving a "sneak peak" for those interested at the Casper's event in two weeks.

This is awesome news Cal..... cool!

I've used HP Tuners on my Z06, just edit cells etc, lean cruise mode, fan turn on temps etc, fairly easy to use, sort of, if you are an engineer and understand the developers of it would make the user interface mimic the implementation (terrible UI idea for ease of use btw, it should be designed for use by the users goals but I won't go any further than that here).

I'm leaning towards XFI in order to be able to switch between tunes, persistent memory and have more control. What am I going to have to buy the wife to get this purchase approved...

While I don't know you personally.... if you played around with HP Tuners..... you will probably not have any issue with the XFI.......

Go for it!

If you had individual EGTS, and were logging them can the XFI enable an output to turn on a light or buzzer, if an egt gets too high?

It's really a personal decision, depending on your tuning ability, or who is tuning your car.

Functionally, they both can take you to the 9's. The stock ECM has all the processing power necessary. (It can make corrections 160 times per second if you want it to, but that's way too fast for wideband correction).

Both have pro's and con's. Both require tuning. SD setup is cheaper, but the XFI comes in one neat package. You have more access to every tuning parameter with XFI. Some people prefer that, for some it's overwhelming.

I don't like to think of the stock ECM vs. aftermarket as a competition. Each person has to make that decision. Some people start with stock and move on to XFI, and many people go back the other way.

Eric

It's really a personal decision, depending on your tuning ability, or who is tuning your car.

Functionally, they both can take you to the 9's. The stock ECM has all the processing power necessary. (It can make corrections 160 times per second if you want it to, but that's way too fast for wideband correction).

Both have pro's and con's. Both require tuning. SD setup is cheaper, but the XFI comes in one neat package. You have more access to every tuning parameter with XFI. Some people prefer that, for some it's overwhelming.

I don't like to think of the stock ECM vs. aftermarket as a competition. Each person has to make that decision. Some people start with stock and move on to XFI, and many people go back the other way.

Eric

Well said. I started with the TT 5.6. A scanmaster and got into the mid 120's with it. The 6.0 introduced me to wideband tracking and still used the MAF for the rest of the driveability. Now I am experimenting with the SD chip and boy does it have a lot of adjustable options. I will have it for a while and can go from 93 to C-16 and add Alky in whenever. I have even ran E-85 up to 22psi to see if it would work and it did. I had the powerlogger and experience with the wideband tracking. So I only shelled money out for the chip. I can go back to the non- speed density chips and MAF in minutes. I'm sure the next step is an XFI but not needed by any means. I like the cool things the XFI can do but its a lot of things I just don't need so can't justify having one right now.
S