XFI IAC code will not clear

getdowngranny

Mr. Fix It
I have an IAC fault code on XFI that will not clear. I have adjusted and recalibrated the IAC and TPS with no luck. The car idles fine in park and in gear. The IAC numbers track so I know the IAC is functioning. Everything is perfect other than not being able to clear the fault.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
unplug the iac and try this not sure with the xfi system but anyways this is courtesy turbo nasty

Try this.

Car at full operating temp turn off engine and put a jumper on the upper row right 2 term on the adl port.
now with the jumper in place. turn key on NO Start and leave it there. Now go and disconnect the IAC elec connector from the IAC. Leave it off, You may have to take off the hard pipe/duct to get to it.
Remove the little cover over the min air blade setting screw if your car still has it on.

Now go back and turn key OFF and REMOVE jumper.

(For this next step I recommend someone to help you) Now start the car, if it will not stay running try turning the screw in a little at a time until you get it to stay alive. Now adjust the RPM to around 650 rpm in GEAR.

Turn OFF ignition, plug IAC conn back in.

Key on NO start and adjust your tps volts to .45 -.47 @ idle and 4.6 -4.7 WOT.

Now reset the computer (remove power for a few moments).

Now start the car up and see what you have. It may take a few attempts but this works for me and both my GN's and the past 3 others my friends had me tune for them.

problem won't work for xfi computer LOL sorry got ahead of my self , nothing in xfi manual , contact Cal Hartline !!!

I will try a new IAC. Hopefully the driver isn’t fried. The issue just happened while driving in traffic and the IAC has never been disconnected with the ignition on.

Update. I replaced the IAC and figured out exactly what happened. Issue is fixed. Here is what happened:
I had to go away for 3 months for some military training and out of habit, I drained the methanol in the alky tank and ran some water through the system so that water instead of alky would settle in the pump and not eat away at the seals for 3 months. I purged the water through the system and then let the car run at idle for 30 minutes. Well, I get back home from training and I get that IAC fault. Today I finally got the IAC in the mail and I see that the water had settled in the IAC sensors and corroded it away for 3 months. Lesson learned.

3e195452b672103aea9a16deace4ca2e.jpg
3a0f4f9a8ca976fc863f621cf1589095.jpg