xfi F.A.S.T.

I have friends running TT chips and Powerloggers and they run mid 10's every week. The new SD chips should be real nice. Don't know if my buddies will jump to them or not.
I have XFI, but only because of the amount I have invested in my build.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hi Coach,

I am looking at for the similar reasons. Just installed a new Weber stroker long block with my old engine harness. Would feel safer running a XFI FAST and a new engine harness. Looking at the FAST system as insurance for the new engine.

Thanks,

Bill

I went with a fast xfi after I spent alot of money and time upgrading and didn't want to rely on 87 technology.

Hi Coach,

I am looking at for the similar reasons. Just installed a new Weber stroker long block with my old engine harness. Would feel safer running a XFI FAST and a new engine harness. Looking at the FAST system as insurance for the new engine.

Thanks,

Bill

The xfi uses the old harness from firewall forward. If the problem is electrical, as you've been advised, an xfi won't help. I personally run stock ecm. I drive a lot, race a lot, and only blew hg's once, due to a voltage drop from a bad and hot alternator. Great alt and plenty of extra grounds and it's been smooth sailing since. Spend that $2k on getting the basics shored up and then decide if you still need xfi. As mentioned earlier, the car will run good or bad based on the person tuning the car more than what computer is controlling it.

The xfi uses the old harness from firewall forward. If the problem is electrical, as you've been advised, an xfi won't help. I personally run stock ecm. I drive a lot, race a lot, and only blew hg's once, due to a voltage drop from a bad and hot alternator. Great alt and plenty of extra grounds and it's been smooth sailing since. Spend that $2k on getting the basics shored up and then decide if you still need xfi. As mentioned earlier, the car will run good or bad based on the person tuning the car more than what computer is controlling it.

Some good advice right there. :cool:

Bill,

A XFI is not a magic fix for other problems. Really hurt to spend all that money to find out your fuel pump was laying down or something. It's not the stock ecu that blew the head gasket. Something else did it. Problem is no data to review.

Get a Powerlogger turn the boost down and learn to tune. All the help you need is right here. Right now you don't even know if the car went lean or what. Now people are telling you to drop big coin on a xfi. Not smart. It's just not...

Was it mentioned what head gaskets you put back on??

Rick

I do to a FAST system it will e with a new engine harness.

A new harness from Caspers will run you about $800

That if they have them.
Talked to Caspers last week and they have none in stock.
They are moving and couldn't give me an estimate of when they would have available. I asked if a couple of month would be reasonable.
I believe Hartline have an engine harness for their system.

Did you go with their engine harness or did you use your existing one?

Thanks,

Bll

That if they have them.
Talked to Caspers last week and they have none in stock.
They are moving and couldn't give me an estimate of when they would have available. I asked if a couple of month would be reasonable.
I believe Hartline have an engine harness for their system.

Did you go with their engine harness or did you use your existing one?

Thanks,

Bll

I have a caspers xfi stand alone harness. I'm sure if you ask in parts wanted some one has to have one they are willing to sell.

If you are going xfi, I wouldn't get a new stock harness. Get either a Capers xfi stand alone or a Fast stand alone. It will save you the cost of an adaptor harness.

If you are going xfi, I wouldn't get a new stock harness. Get either a Capers xfi stand alone or a Fast stand alone. It will save you the cost of an adaptor harness.

Hi Cal,
Thanks for the response.
My buddy has been talking to your office.
If I do go xfi, I will buy from you.
Are both type of these harnesses in stock or readily available?
As the car is used on the street with a monthly trip to drag strip; will these harnesses run my a/c and other accessories?
Thanks,
Bill

Hi Cal,
Thanks for the response.
My buddy has been talking to your office.
If I do go xfi, I will buy from you.
Are both type of these harnesses in stock or readily available?
As the car is used on the street with a monthly trip to drag strip; will these harnesses run my a/c and other accessories?
Thanks,
Bill

caspers stand alone xfi harness is what you inquired about and they are custom built to order, the adapter box uses your existing harness and are readily available. The fast harness are usually available but im not 100% on whats involved for it to work. I do know that you will need to buy their main harness, buick ingition adapter harness, and fuel injector harness at the minimum.

We only have the fast harnesses in stock. They can be made to work with AC but it's a PITA. I would recommend Casper's custom harness if you have to get rid of your stocker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I have don cruz building me a new motor after I just blew a head gasket after just taking me car around the block...... Everyone of us know when we get right down to it, how much this cars cost to build...... I will give up the money to buy the system (XFI)..... I only make 12.50 an hour, but I'm not dumb..... I will just save up and do it right.... GREAT THINGS TAKE TIME......

I have don cruz building me a new motor after I just blew a head gasket after just taking me car around the block...... Everyone of us know when we get right down to it, how much this cars cost to build...... I will give up the money to buy the system (XFI)..... I only make 12.50 an hour, but I'm not dumb..... I will just save up and do it right.... GREAT THINGS TAKE TIME......

I agree so next time around save up for a JS knock box combined with the XFI and you might keep it together, ....

If you hurt it just driving around the block, I doubt an xfi would have saved you. Unless you're foot was in it going sideways around the block ;)

cal, you know I was...... It over boosted....... I talk to your wife...... I will be buying from you sir......

Lol! Remind me to set your tune up "extra soft" :)
Thank you!