x-rayted revitalization

IMG_4711.jpg
new spool fool front and rear fillers. The fillers on the car were not broken and fit fine. I just wanted them to be asign perfect as possible.

And for anyone who is contemplating getting new fillers these are the ones to get! They are flawless , perfect fitment and are just great.

IMG_4722.jpg
I didn't want to buy new hinges that were already put together and had to be painted all one color. I know the factory was done that way but I don,t like it. I had my factory hinges pulled apart bushings, and rollers. They were then sandblasted, primered, base then cleared. The spring will be black, roller bronze and door bolts black Phosphate coated.
prior to taking the hinges off I drilled 1/8 index marks in each of the 4 car side hinges so I can get them about in the same spot. I can do it by using pick tools and poking through the hinge into the body then into the floating threaded washer. The backs of each hinge were stamped with their love atio. To the body as well.

Damn, I thought that car was nice just the way it was. you must have seen something up close that we couldn't see in the pics to go and re-do completely. what color white did you go with? can't wait to see it when your finished.
To be completely honest there was no rust at all on the car. I just have some issues with leaving things alone. I changed the color to a little brighter white. It's Olympic white gm. The car is totally painted and awaiting chasis from powder coat hopefully tomorrow.
My T is painted the brightest white the paint shop had, not the OEM off-white color. It's awesome, lot of compliments.

When I'm finished burning rubber and get this track stuff out of my head, I'll be following your lead. Good luck with your project, I'm very excited to see how it all turns out in the end.

Wow looks great, you painting this stuff in a garage not a booth?

My T is painted the brightest white the paint shop had, not the OEM off-white color. It's awesome, lot of compliments.

I've seen your car at Kirbans. The true white adds to an already great car.

Looks great Nick keep it up!