X-Ray's 65 Fastback

X Ray

The GNX changed my life!
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
This is the car that got me going onto the automotive scene….I bought this 289, 65 Fastback (California manufactured) Mustang back in 78 …it was a rust free vehicle with faded paint and I felt this would be a good vehicle to restore…. Well I did not intend to take 18 years to finish it but it did…..I did all the work except rebuilding the trans and applying the Ivy Gold paint…I do not drive it much it is mainly a garage queen and it has done well in all the shows it goes in….besides it not as fast as the Buick…:biggrin:

Attachments

• FB1.jpg
    FB1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 835
  • FB2.jpg
    FB2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 836
  • FB3.jpg
    FB3.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 805
  • FB4.jpg
    FB4.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 817
  • FB5.jpg
    FB5.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,104
More PIC

More:eek:

Attachments

• FB6.jpg
    FB6.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 783
  • FB7.jpg
    FB7.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 785
  • FB8.jpg
    FB8.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 818
Good looking Stang!!!!!! 18 years?? Sounds like a model I have been building of a '56 Ford F-100!!

Thanks...and I think I had the best time rebuilding he engine....I gave out cigars when it started...my first engine build...

That looks beautiful! Good attention to detail, everything looks... perfect! All #'s matching I'm betting!

Nice car. Is it a C or an A code 289? Love those fastback stangs. My dad had a 66 Candy Apple Red Fastback, GT package, Red interior, "K" code 4 speed car for a long time. He did a full mechanical restoration back when I was 13-14 so I got good at buffing and cleaning bolts and nuts. LOL His car won several concours driven gold awards here in KC at the Mustang Nationals. Yours looks to be a pretty rare color.......... whats it called?

Ivy Gold

The color is Ivey Gold for both the interior and exterior….this color was only for 65 and it is a “C” code….289 2bbl with 200 HP……;)

The exterior color is Honey Gold....not Ivy Gold....I have been away from my Mustang to long....:redface:

Nice looking Mustang, I sometimes miss my '56 Ford pickup & panel, I've had in the past, but I've got my Buick so it keeps me busy now...(pics of pickup and panel in signature)

Very nice car sir! Great job on the resto! I miss my old 90 GT alot somtimes.:redface:

You did a fantastic job by NOT changing the colors.

love it.

That being said, my mother in law has a 65 convertible in tropical turquoise and it looks terrible in that color. She won't sell it to me because I told her i'd never repaint it that color. After looking at your car i'm pretty sure i'd paint it your color. 289 C code 3 spd stick car.

Just for kicks I ran it through a decoder and it has a build date of november 13 1964. Does this make it a "64 1/2"?