X pipes

Darkie

Hi
My gn has some nasty pipes with no mandrell bends that come from the cat to a large x thing with no mufflers tucked up behind the gas tank.
My question is does this setup have any performance advantage over a nice shiny 3in dual muffler like tr custom parts sells.
Does anyone sell only the tailpipes in polished stainless so I don't have to look at the crinkled up pipes when I look in the rear wheel well, or just replace the whole thing.

Thanks Rich

Hi
My gn has some nasty pipes with no mandrell bends that come from the cat to a large x thing with no mufflers tucked up behind the gas tank.
My question is does this setup have any performance advantage over a nice shiny 3in dual muffler like tr custom parts sells.
Does anyone sell only the tailpipes in polished stainless so I don't have to look at the crinkled up pipes when I look in the rear wheel well, or just replace the whole thing.

Thanks Rich

Replace the whole thing,sounds like someone was making a homemade x-pipe?No need for it,run a nice cat back system that some of the vendors offer here.