WTB (Very Specific)

84c10

The easy part: will consider cars anywhere in the country, price fair for current market conditions and the car quality

The hard part:

* Must be 110% rust free on top and underneath and not in primer
* Factory paint only, doesn't need to be in really good shape, but must be original and what it left the factory with
* Must have a rust-free and never hit frame, will be checked via all the reporting services.
* Passenger cabin shell - firewall, roof, floors, rockers, trunk floor, quarters, tail-panel, all must be perfect - no dents, and list already mentioned to be stressed again, NO RUST (surface, paint bubbles, or otherwise)
* Must be an original T-Type or GN as per vin number, with clear title, no liens, etc, and will be run/processed through the dmv to verify history.
* Must NEVER have been modded, raced, etc.
* No stress cracks in the areas around the pillars or the like will be tolerated.
* Must have a hardtop or astroroof: NO T-Tops, NO aftermarket sunroof installs.
* CANNOT have the wide lower body trim that extends up to cover the lower doors/fenders/quarters.

* Preferences that aren't mandatory, but will add to the price I'm willing to pay:

* original numbers engine/trans
* digital dash
* concert sound
* full bench (not split bench) w/column shift
* cornering lamps in the lower fenders
* twilight sentinel
* prefer red, sage, blue interiors, then Leir Siegler, GN tu-tone, sandstone, regular grey, tan, maroon, and brown in those orders

Ideal car: 1984 T-Type, white with red full-bench, column shifted, digital dash, a/c, and posi.

I will consider cars with door/fender/hood/trunk work needed as long as all the above areas are perfect as mentioned in my requirements, including the quarter panels and frame

Have 1987 ''T'' all original 64k miles light blue,blackout package,buckets,floor shift,digital dash,pwr windows,locks,antenna.Original paint,third owner with lots of records since new.NO RUST car is very clean underneath without mud,grease.Not an 84 but a very clean 87 turbo t.

that should be easy find .... 84 rust free, original paint hot air car :cool:

I’m sure they’re out there. I found one. Only had 6 miles on it. Rust free, original paint, no dents, number matching, never raced hardtop. Did have the wide chrome trim on the rockers though.

It was 26 years ago; so you might have a little tougher time of it than I did back in April of ’84.

That's kinda like saying your ideal Camaro is an 89' with the TBI 305......:confused:

Its great to see someone who wants something other than a 87 GN that has a million mods. I think you will have a car that stands out from the crowd !! good luck with the search post up some pics if you find her. :D

Just to satisfy some of the curiosity in the thread, I'm not buying a car for go-fast purposes, I'm buying a car to make into what I want - a clean, factory-style ride the way I would have ordered it. I plan spending a lot of money building this into what I want, the "ideal" is only one end product I would consider having.

Why 1984? The factory used the kind of cloth fabric on the seats and upholstery I will be re-doing the interior, in if the car I get doesn't come with it. It's my favorite of that offered in the g-bodies, showing the least wear while being very comfortable, and looks high quality IMO. Back then all the cars (except limiteds) cloth was similar in pattern to that used on the gn seats for comparison, and was the type that came when we got my 87 suburban new as well (I stick with what I like).

Why a turbo if only a hot-air non-intercooled car? The turbo cars are fun, and I think the most enjoyable of the g-bodies I've driven. I'm not after a race car, I'm after a g-body to make my own that will carry a good book value with the insurance should it ever get hit or stolen considering the amount of money I plan on investing. Any other model I'd be severely upside down instantly, and I prefer the regal styling to boot. I do not plan any performance mods at all to the car I get, it will be and remain a factory stocker - GM spent 100s of millions in R&D and while I wont say they always got everything right, it works dependably.

I don't need "nice" original paint, just original paint - it can be lacquer checked, faded, scratched up, etc, I just do NOT want to find "surprises" hidden in the body when I get it repainted myself if the paint isn't presentable as it sits, and don't want to worry about how well the paint was done, if the panels were removed and jammed properly, was flex added to fillers, were the qtr extensions and mirrors and trim separated from the body for full coverage without creating "bridges" of paint over air gaps that are going to flake eventually, etc.

I plan on either building a white with red interior car, or blue with blue interior car in all likelihood, but if one is out there that doesn't require as much effort on my part, all the better :cool:

white with red and a 1/2 top please !!! oh that is soooo pimp. :wink:

I'm after a g-body to make my own that will carry a good book value with the insurance should it ever get hit or stolen considering the amount of money I plan on investing. Any other model I'd be severely upside down instantly,

better have a stated value for the car when its done.. Otherwise you WILL be upside down after you sink all the time an $$$ your talking about. :eek:

better have a stated value for the car when its done.. Otherwise you WILL be upside down after you sink all the time an $$$ your talking about. :eek:

That is the plan. It's easier to do this on a t-type of any year than a $3k n/a regal though :)

To clarify, my ideal already in existence car is an 84 T due to fabric and interior color reasons, but I'll modify any year to suit what I'm looking for...

Here is an 84 with 22K miles. Looks like it did the day it came off the showroom floor. 4.1 motor.

Attachments

• left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 708
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 707
  • odometer.jpg
    odometer.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 713
Nice!!

I love that car! Very nice indeed.
I had a 1984 once.
Would love to see a couple of shots of the interior.

That's a nice 4.1 car there John, but I'm *only* looking for a turbo car.

Bump for still searching...