WTB SYTY...gas mileage?

x2cstang

I was thinking of getting a sy or ty prefferably the latter.

What kind of gas mileage do these things get when driven reasonably, and with some very minor mods?

The typhoon will get high teens on the highway and low teens stop and go. There is just no way you will not put your foot into it in stop and go traffic. It is too tempting

Rtviper is correct on the gas mileage. I would say after installing the basic mod upgrades such as chip, pump, afpr I am seeing maybe one mile worse to the gallon both in city and hwy.

I get 19-20mpg if I am real easy on the highway on a long trip, 17-18 driving faster and more agressive driving.

Around town, typically I get 13-14 mpg, 12-13mpg if I am doing a lot of testing. 15 if I drive really easy (the extra 1-2 mpg isn't worth driving)

dgoodhue said:
I get 19-20mpg if I am real easy on the highway on a long trip, 17-18 driving faster and more agressive driving.

Around town, typically I get 13-14 mpg, 12-13mpg if I am doing a lot of testing. 15 if I drive really easy (the extra 1-2 mpg isn't worth driving)

that mileage sounds about right....

now just for grins mileage at the track.

.25 miles for the quarter
.50 miles for shutdown (at atco, cecil is a bit shorter)

then .75 for return road.

the cell holds 5 gallons (not counting the space taken up from the foam)

we usually add fuel after 2 runs.

takes about 3 gallons.

so at the track we get about 1 mpg. lol :)

i get around 11-13 mpg driving during stop and go traffic. On the highway i get around 16-17 mpg. I get alittle more mpg if i drive like an old man.

The last two times I checked I got 11. This was going back and forth to work which is only 2 miles away in stop and go traffic. Needless to say, I am now driving my 94 Ranger 3.0 again... :rolleyes:

11 mpg???? I guess that means you won't be driving that thing down to the Smoke on the Water car show in Washington this weekend. :cool:

malibu

Cool car Vernon.What track did you run your times at?Just wondering if it was Kinston or Jacksonville.

turboandy said:
Cool car Vernon.What track did you run your times at?Just wondering if it was Kinston or Jacksonville.

Thanks. It was in New Bern I done my best times. It was a few years ago though. I used to go to Kinston a lot when I had my Turbo Trans Am. I hardly ever went to Jacksonville.

OneLethal87GN said:
11 mpg???? I guess that means you won't be driving that thing down to the Smoke on the Water car show in Washington this weekend. :cool:

No won't be going there. Was planning to go to Rockingham to see the World Finals.