WTB Sport Coupe steering wheel

supercrackerbox

Will wrench for beer
I'm looking for a 3-spoke steering wheel for a '78-'80(?) Sport Coupe. Prefer good leather, but beggars can't be choosers as long as it's complete. If it helps, I've got a later dark gray non-leather T-type wheel for partial trade, with the horn button and everything.

Here's a pic of the style I'm looking for:

Attachments

• 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 157
We had one of those done in Brown for a customer a few years back. Wasn't leather though. Turned out nice. If you find one & needs work we can get it re-done for you.

I've got a grey horn button, most of the tabs are snapped off. You can have it, somebody made up a couple tabs to keep it on the wheel. I'll clean it up and see how good it turns out, it's dirty.

I'm redoing my whole interior in black, so that would be perfect. ;)

(FYI, that's not actually my car in the pic, that's a '79 that someone on here parted out a couple years back.)

Lets get some pictures of the Shelby collection you have there:biggrin: Love those cars

The GLHS is beat to hell, not really worth seeing pictures. Rust free and ran like a scalded dog before the tranny blew, but had bad luck in the body department. There's pics of the Charger and Daytona in one of the picture threads on here somewhere.

Sorry I haven't got a pic yet, I'll get to it this weekend. Work this week has been crazy, worse than the Christmas peak(UPS driver).

Well I found one, it arrived today. 78-85 BUICK REGAL SPORT STEERING WHEEL RED NICE : eBay Motors (item 330400612940 end time Feb-07-10 09:37:03 PST)

Bweavy, you're right, it's not leather. :( But it's a nice piece, should clean up well. As I get closer to having the car done, I'll be in touch to have it wrapped, just won't be any time soon.

Brad, I'd still be interested in that black horn button if you still have it. Maybe I'd have some parts for your Shelby Charger to trade if you need anything. :)

OK I noted this date 2/11/2010. I was right about something! :D

Attachments

• 100_0261.jpg
    100_0261.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_0258.jpg
    100_0258.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 31