WTB 85 stock turbo core

youngstr

I need a stock 85 turbo core or one that could use a rebuild, I'm going to send it to Limit to get it upgraded to ta33. So I don't need a good turbo just an undamaged housing, not looking to pay alot rather spend the money on the rebuild.

Hi Dave,

I really wished you had brought this up while you were down in NC for the TurboBuick.com event.

I had two stock turbos that needed to be rebuilt, just gave one to Tommy Reynolds and you can have the other one.

PM me your address and I'll mail it to you tomorrow.

I didn't realize that I would need one down there, when I got back up here I decided to open up the mystery turbo and when I got the exhaust off the elbow I was greated by a little oily soot and decided to pull the turbo off and pull the throttle body off and when I did that I could see it was seeping oil, and had a lot of left right play and some in/out so I had to grab the rebuilt backup unit I had and put it on to keep the car rolling, the mystery turbo must have been making a vibration cause I don't have knock in 1st anymore, if I do it seems to be from stabing the throttle and its very little like .07 guess I found what was rattling in the engine compartment. :rolleyes:

At that point I realized that I'm gonna need a core to send to limit, I had no idea down there that all this was gonna happen. I do know one thing, the wheel in the mystery turbo is a lot bigger than the rebuild I put on. Now I'd probably be lucky to run an 11.0 can't get more than 15 lbs out of it and it takes till the middle of second till it finds 15, guess I got spoiled by the fast spool on the mystery turbo. Also you can tell the mystery turbo is a bigger unit the car definatly had more go down in nc even with that turbo floundering.

Thanks Eric, I appreciate this :D

No problem Dave, glad to help you out. Consider it a gift to all the TRUE hotair's that showed up for the TurboBuick.com event. Sorry Conrad, Cotton built intercooled 1984 GNs don't count:rolleyes: