WTB-'83 Chrome "Buick" headerpanel emblem

Donny Lowrida

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for the Chrome emblem located just above the grille that says "Buick" (Not the hood ornament). Mine is faded/ bleached from the sun and all the chrome is gone.

Any pics to varify correct part/ condition would be greatly appreciated.

I appreciate any and all help anyone can offer. Feel free to post or PM me.
Thanks again!

good luck man. I have an 83 also. I was lucky enough to find a Brand New Chrome grill for my car from a guy up in Canade (cost me $300) you cant find those. As far as the piece your looking for, I would be interested too, mine is pitted a little bit, not real ugly, but the worst piece on the front of my car.

here's an old pic when I first had the car re-painted ( back in 2002)

Attachments

• grill3.jpg
    grill3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 49
Nice car!!

Yours doesn't look too bad. Mine has the plastic showing through the chrome. It sat on the side of the road, in the hot sun for 15 years, un-used. Apparently the weather tore the chrome off that piece.

I've been able to replace the grille, and headlight bezels. Restoring them myself. But the piece I need can't really be restored, unless I ship it out and have it re-chromed. I have a T-Type, so I had to black out some of the chrome pieces I acquired, to make it look original. Howeveer, this particular piece is all chrome with black lettering.

I'd settle for a pitted piece with all the chrome on it if anyone has one. (show pics if possible) I'm still looking (9/17/07)

Nevermind. I found an '82 parts car. Almost all the trim is mint. The interior is what seems to be suffering the most.
Thanks anyway!