WTB 4 barrel manifold 2 suit 3.8 ltr is there such a animal

deauzie

Hi

guys I have a carby box and barry grant gold claw I would like to use to turbo my Australia non-turbo
3.8 ltr buick V6 engine with
can I buy a good 4 barrel manifold to suit this engine as I can't afford a computer and all the related equipment

I know there available for stage 2 engines
hopefully they for the street version

regard from Australia
Paul

Howdy,

you bet there are 4bbl intakes available for the Buick V6 (3.1, 3.8, 4.1). The 4.1 came factory with one, Edelbrock makes one (PN# 5486), as does Weiand (PN# 7541). Both have both square (holley) and spread (Q-jet) bolt patterns. The Edelbrock is a dual plane design while the Weiand is a single plane.

Hope this helps,

I've got a production one that fits either the 3.8 or the 4.1 production blocks. Not sure what the hassle would be on shipping though. Email direct if interested.

I think I may have an edelbrock performer for a 3.8. Drop me a line too if you're interested, I'll just double check later to make sure I still have it

What year is your motor? I have seen several people mentioning Australian "3.8" motors that are actually what we refer to as the 3800. GM revised the old 3.8 in 1988 and very few parts carry over; the intakes are not the same.

So, to clarify, if your motor is an "old style" 3.8 such as those shown on www.gnttype.org (go look at the block and head pictures) there are readily available 4 bbl intakes. If it's a 3800 (88 or later FWD here in the US; RWD applications in Australia) there aren't.

I originaly bought mine for an '83 Sport Coupe, I doubt it'll work on a newer 3800

i also have one forsale. Its a Buick Motorsports, brand new untouched. I will let her go cheap if anyone wants it.