WTB: 10 Second Street Car 86-87 Hardtop GN or T

Hey Guys. I purchased my first Turbo Buick (87 GN) from a member here (Mike, aka JST A 6) in March of last year. I have been very happy with the car thus far, but recently the urge to do a complete frame-off restoration on her has completely overpowered me.:eek: Because of this, I'm looking for something fast to cruise in while I give my GN some much-needed attention.

What I'm looking for is a no BS 10 second street car. I am mainly looking for either an 86 or 87 Grand National, but would also be interested in either a silver/chrome or black/chrome 87 Turbo T. I may consider other color combos if I can't find what I'm looking for in my preferred choices. While I do appreciate the oddball combos, I am not currently interested in any Landau Top, bench seat, or column shifted cars. I want a car that has the standard GN buckets/console combo. I would prefer that the car NOT have a cage in it, as it will mostly see street duty with limited track use. The car MUST be either a hardtop or a factory sunroof car (sunroof a distant second), absolutely no T-Tops under any circumstances please. I am looking for a car that needs nothing done to it. I have several Chevelles that I enjoy wrenching on, and with my mind made up to restore my current GN, I want a car that is 100% turn-key and ready to go. I'm looking for something that looks as good as it moves with exceptional paint and interior quality. I want a car that I can be proud to show at local cruise-ins. I prefer something that has receipts to back up the drivetrain build, as well as time slips to prove it's as fast as I'm looking for. (I realize you would probably be kicked off of the track after the first 10 second run with no cage but...) I would also like the car to have a vacuum brake conversion already done to it, and it must still have working A/C. No cut up race cars please.

I'm a serious cash buyer who is ready and willing to move on a car. I would prefer something semi-close to Ohio, but will travel for/ship the right car. Please let me know what you have either in this thread or through PM's and I will be happy to provide a phone number if I like what I see. Thanks.

Alex

I also want to mention that I have a numbers matching 1966 SS 427 Impala convertible project that I would be willing to trade for a 10 second (or faster), streetable turbo Buick. It is a factory red car with a red bucket seat interior and a white top. It has the console shifted Turbo 400, and is the 390 horse 427 with some very unique options such as tilt/telescoping wheel, power driver seat, power top, power drum brakes, etc... 100% original drivetrain and components (heads, intake, carb, etc). I'm not sure how interested you turbo Buick guys would be in a car like this, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask as you never know. My Impala project has no bearing on my purchase of another turbo Buick, however. I don't want sellers thinking they are going to get a "well, let me get my Impala sold first so I can get the money ready" excuse. Not gonna happen. If I don't make a trade with the Impala, it will go up for sale after I acquire my new Buick. Thanks for looking.

Alex

Too bad your not interested in a T Top car. My 4.1 will be home in a couple weeks from getting painted. It's going to be for sale once it's home. There is a thread in the restoration section on the car. It's got all the goodies on it and everything is brand new. From the paint and body to the entire drivetrain including the 4.1, Extreme Automatics Stage 2 with brake, as well as the Ford 9" with a True Trac and Strange Axles. The car rips and ran excellent on the Hot Rod Power Tour. I didnt lose to anything that wanted to play either!!!!:D -----Jeremy

Too bad your not interested in a T Top car. My 4.1 will be home in a couple weeks from getting painted. It's going to be for sale once it's home. There is a thread in the restoration section on the car. It's got all the goodies on it and everything is brand new. From the paint and body to the entire drivetrain including the 4.1, Extreme Automatics Stage 2 with brake, as well as the Ford 9" with a True Trac and Strange Axles. The car rips and ran excellent on the Hot Rod Power Tour. I didnt lose to anything that wanted to play either!!!!:D -----Jeremy

Thanks for the offer Jeremy, I read the paint thread on your car a few days ago. It looks beautiful so far, the pink stripes really contrast well with that deep black paint.;)

It seems to me like the only thing I dislike about your car is that it has the T-tops. I have an 89 GTA Trans Am that has T-tops, and I just can't stand how they interrupt the body lines of the car. I feel the same way about GN's with T-tops. The structural effects of them don't necessarily bother me, it's all about the looks IMO.

what u looking to pay ?????

Whatever is necessary to get the car I'm looking for parked in my garage.

Wow. I thought I was picky. Good luck.

My problem is that I tend to "settle" for cars. I get the car I want, but there are always a few things about it that I don't like. When I start changing the little details, it spirals out of control and I either end up with a car in pieces sitting in my garage, or I end up being unhappy with what I bought. I'm just done doing that at this point. I want this to be a car that I don't have to change a thing on, one that I can just jump in and go to the track, a cruise-in, out to eat, etc without messing with it. I also want it to be a heart breaker on the streets. It looks like I have possibly found a pretty good candidate locally. It doesn't meet 100% of my picky criteria, but it's pretty damn close so we'll see. Please keep the offers coming however, I'm still hoping to find the "perfect" car.

HAHA!!! Yeah that photoshop is pretty darn funny! There was actually a guy that posted in there thinking we actually painted them on!!!!:biggrin: I'm sure you'll find exactly what your looking for, it just takes a little time and patients! Good luck and have fun on your search!

HAHA!!! Yeah that photoshop is pretty darn funny! There was actually a guy that posted in there thinking we actually painted them on!!!!:biggrin: I'm sure you'll find exactly what your looking for, it just takes a little time and patients! Good luck and have fun on your search!

Thanks Jeremy. Unfortunately, patience is not one of my strongest virtues.:eek:

I'm hoping now that the holiday weekend is over I will get some more offers. As of right now I only have one serious candidate which I hope to check out in person sometime this week. It seems like there are a lot of fast T-top street cars out there, where are all the hardtop cars at guys?;)

Hey Alex,

Ive been thinking about putting my car up for sale. The only thing it does not have is a/c although I think I have most the components for it. The only other thing that it does not have is a exhaust. I have run with the down pipe open for the last few years. I run 110 octane all the time. I only use the car as a weekend cruiser and occasional drag strip trip although I haven't had it down the strip in 3 years or so. My best is 10.83 @ 126 with a terrible 60'. That was on 25# of boost. Most of the other details are in my sig. Let me know if you are interested and I can post up some pics. The car has approx 67000 miles. I am about 30 min east od Toledo.

Thanks,
Bob

Hey Alex,

Ive been thinking about putting my car up for sale. The only thing it does not have is a/c although I think I have most the components for it. The only other thing that it does not have is a exhaust. I have run with the down pipe open for the last few years. I run 110 octane all the time. I only use the car as a weekend cruiser and occasional drag strip trip although I haven't had it down the strip in 3 years or so. My best is 10.83 @ 126 with a terrible 60'. That was on 25# of boost. Most of the other details are in my sig. Let me know if you are interested and I can post up some pics. The car has approx 67000 miles. I am about 30 min east od Toledo.

Thanks,
Bob

Hey Bob, I apologize for taking so long to reply to this thread. I have had several serious offers and am currently awaiting some pictures of one of the possibilities before I make my final decision. I really appreciate your offer, but at this time I am looking for a car that has fully functioning A/C. I have several other project cars (Chevelles) right now that I am restoring, and I don't want to have to undertake a project as large as re-installing the A/C on my next Turbo Buick. I'm looking for a fast, turn-key street car with all the modern amenities.:D Thanks again for the offer!

Alex

Hey Bob, I apologize for taking so long to reply to this thread. I have had several serious offers and am currently awaiting some pictures of one of the possibilities before I make my final decision. I really appreciate your offer, but at this time I am looking for a car that has fully functioning A/C. I have several other project cars (Chevelles) right now that I am restoring, and I don't want to have to undertake a project as large as re-installing the A/C on my next Turbo Buick. I'm looking for a fast, turn-key street car with all the modern amenities.:D Thanks again for the offer!

Alex

Mr Muscle,

If those do not work out, I have one that may interest you.

RL