WRX took his lunch money

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
A young bud of mine has a 2001 Subaru WRX. And has been wanting to try me every since he found I had the GN. Well...he finally had his chance;) . Had a little get together sunday just cars of all types meeting, and we decided to grab a bite. Took off and the WRX was behind me got out of the park lot and on the road I get in it a little and he wizzes by. He slows I pull up beside him rolling about 30 and grin at him:D . I go on and get in front of him and we go a little ways. Clear road, I set the thumbwhell to #3 position then slow down.. he is approaching me from the rear I give the signal out the window and floor it and he stomps it he flys up on my bumper and swerves over and comes up about to my door and is staying there then the 17 PSI in 3rd smack down occurs. The GN hits 3rd and I leave him sitting:eek: . After we get to the feed trough he says man your car is fast ..said he thought he had me then I left his butt sitting there. Cool race like to get a hold of the rally long grain rice version..:cool:

good smack down, and wait till you get some serious mods on that gn. if your bud thinks its fast now he'll be in a world o' hurt!

This is the first I have heard of a thumbwheel chip. what does it do?

A thumbwheel chip is like many chips in one.

Usually starts out in a stock or "valet" mode, and gives you progressively higher performance with each setting.

I have Poston's 7 setting chip, and I LOVE it.

The difference from stock to setting 7 (18lbs of boost, plus proper timing) is amazing. The first and only car I have driven with true pushbutton performance.

I mounted my switch in the ash tray hole. (took out ash tray, NEVER use it)

Total stealth, and no one messing w/ it:D

I see. Thanks for the info.

Looks like there is another part to add to my list of things to get for my GN when I finally get one.

Until then I am a GN owner wannabe gathering all the info I can.

Good kill turbo nasty. Just think when you get a larger turbo and intercooler you can go and show those cocky viper owners what a waste of money their cars are when you just have bolt ons and are handing them their ass!!! The look on their face when you fly by is priceless... truly a kodak moment. Just a little motivation to get a turbo and intercooler!! :D :D