Write up on a couple of things I bought...

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
I got this to control my TCC lock-up since I retro'ed the electronics to a 1980's style. The original 1981 electronics that came on the car had the ECM practically controlling everything. The draw-back with that was that it gave me no ability to tweak.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CIGE8W/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This purchase was a complete lost. The control that came with it was placed on my dash as it supposed to. Unfortunately the Florida heat buckled the plastic control box deforming it somewhat. In addition, the speed sensor cable created two additional areas for transmission leakage. I never got around to testing it on the road because I was frustrated with the quality of material. My opinion is that B&M is a complete piece of garbage when it comes to after-market parts. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Next on my list is this thing:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QFH2RW/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wow...:eek:. This thing required some serious soldering and was very complex. Spent several hours just getting it right and everything worked according to the difficult instructions. My wife took my lap-top with her and she's out of the country so I don't know how the programming aspect of it works. But it's wide-band lambda gauge readings are simply perfect. It is so sensitive that carb adjustment is a breeze. I know a lot of the GN guys use it on their FI cars and they love it. I think I'm gonna love this thing too. The gauge fluctuates steadily between 13.9 to 15.1 AFM during idle.

Next item was highly recommended by another member:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sww-214518

This gauge looks pretty spartan but it works very well and was easy to put together, (barring the tight clogged areas that are so difficult to maneuver around with turbo Buick's). I had minor issues with the compression fittings but I just sanded down the tubing until they fitted. The previous electronic gauge I had showed readings of 12-PSI during hot idle and a cold start PSI of 30. This gauge shows a cold start PSI of 80 and a hot idle of 20 PSI. WOW! Now I know how way off that electronic Cyberdyne POS gauge was.

I used the TCI kit for the lock up in my 700.... it was super simple but did require going inside the trans. I like it alot.

I had been wanting to try that B&M unit! so im glad you did this write up! I will stay away from it!

Thank you!

Yeah luckily the 350's don't require going internally. In fact, I read from a transmission guru that 350's don't really need much lock-up at all. The OEM THM-350C electronic set-up would have it lock up at 25MPH and unlock at 55, (I knew this from my Buick manual and testing it according to the diagnostic link in the fuse-box).

From more web research I found that I can back date it to a 1980's set up with a simple vacuum switch. It uses the carb to turn on the TCC. It's simpler then the B&M kit and I don't need wires all over the place. True the B&M kit gives you the flexibility to change the lock-up points but like the guru said on a 350 it serves no purpose and provides no gains.