Wrist pins choice

Quit beating your self up over it!! You could have my pistons,rods,pins, and rings for $1000 plus shipping.

lol...i know...i know . :D I'm into these new pistons/rings/upgraded pins for just a tad over $775 shipped . so , I'm not doing to badly on them . :)

Send it all back and for $225 more you could have a billet steel set of rods.

little to late for that now . :) I already have a new set of Eagle H beams w/L19 bolt upgrade stitting on the shelfs . They should do the trick for what I have planned .

as much as I can . :D :) at least in the 750-800 hp range .

i log on and log on and all I see is mumbo jumbo about wrist pins........:wink::)

Many many builds out there running stock and exceeding the HP numbers you want..their changing cam,and springs...thats it... the more serious guys go the extra step and use arp in the rods and mains... you not building the space shuttle...lol:smile:

i log on and log on and all I see is mumbo jumbo about wrist pins........:wink::)

Many many builds out there running stock and exceeding the HP numbers you want..their changing cam,and springs...thats it... the more serious guys go the extra step and use arp in the rods and mains... you not building the space shuttle...lol:smile:

I agree with you 100% it can be done . I guess always better to over build them than under build them for a few more dollars IMO . a set of JE .150" wall pins cost basicly the exact same money as a set of .200" wall pins . so , knowing that would it not make sense to get the thicker pins ? :) and it cost me less than $30 to upgrade my rod bolts to ARP L19's . :) in the case of my block . By the time I picked up a stock core and spent the money to machine it here in Canada , add caps , ARP Hardware , bla bla bla . and it would still only be rated for 750hp at best . for a extra $400-$500 that it would cost me for the machined stock block , I got a good deal on a fully machined Dart Little M that is rated for 1500-2000 hp . IMO that's money that was well spent as well . so... for my total minimal "extra" investment , why would I want to find out the limitations on going with stock stuff ? :D :)

Gotta part # for those pins? I have the same pistons and also thought of a up grade pin.

# 927-2950-20-93S - They are on back order at JE . They should be back in stock by Feb 25 acording to JE .

no problem . :) the best price I could find was $19.46 each with free shipping from these guys Import Replacement Parts | Import Performance & OEM Parts . Give them a call and ask for Jeff . tell him the guy in Canada who drove him crazy with ordering these pins sent you . :D lol :) he'll know what you want and fix you up ,also knows that they are on back order . :) don't be fooled by the name . they sell import and domestic parts , they have great prices on stuff and will bend over backwards for you . I've have bought a few things from them , and they are one of the best outfits I have ever dealt with in the last 35 years . :)

You can get upgrades pins from Trends also. Trends the push rods guys, make great pins as well.

Yep , very nice pins ...I communicated with Debbie Jackson aka DJ at Trend , the "go to" person at trend for wrist pins . :) . They are about $ 30-40 more plus shipping compared to JE . She was VERY helpful and suggested a .187 taper pin . The only reason I did not go with them is because they do not take PayPal (don't like putting car parts on credit or my credit card ) . :) you can also find their pins on Ebay and decent prices at times . :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...5818686?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item43a08411be

Yep , very nice pins ...I communicated with Debbie Jackson aka DJ at Trend , the "go to" person at trend for wrist pins . :) . They are about $ 30-40 more plus shipping compared to JE . She was VERY helpful and suggested a .187 taper pin . The only reason I did not go with them is because they do not take PayPal (don't like putting car parts on credit or my credit card ) . :)

$30~$40 for Trends? Your not shopping at the right places..... :D

$30~$40 for Trends? Your not shopping at the right places..... :D

that was the price getting the pins direct from Tend . that was $30-$40 more overall cost not cost per pin vs the Je's . . as far as I know you can deal with Trend direct if you are not a dist . I'm getting my JE pins for $155.68 shipped , I was more than happy with that deal . :)

When I asked what vendor I can get their pins from . This is the response I got from them :

"I’m not sure who resells our products….You can deal with us direct…

Thanks

Saso Antovski

Trend Performance

586.447.0400"

Ext. 213