wow new motor running

sdteb

trying to get it like you
car running alky on front mount in and 17lbs of boost holy crap....found out that i will need to rebuild the tranny as it started to slip a little with this much power in it...damn it never ends... precision frount mount 212/212 cam ported heads intake, new SMC alky kit with progressive controller mounted in over flow tank, te 44, new exhaust from atr downpipe back...60 lbs inj. rjc girdle, rjc head gaskets, 3000 stall, new fuel lines from classic tube, and much more...

Nice Combo..with the Alky you'll probably be able to add a bit more boost depending on how much timing your running.

boost

i have it at 16 lbs now...and it hauls ....race chip with alky at 26 lbs of boost and we will see what she does...

I hear that..I'm running 20 psi w/ extender chip. Its more than enough on the street. Can't keep the thing straight. Its worse now with the cold weather up hear in Chicago. Had to put it away before I wreck it.

Originally posted by sdteb
car running alky on front mount in and 17lbs of boost holy crap....found out that i will need to rebuild the tranny as it started to slip a little with this much power in it...damn it never ends... precision frount mount 212/212 cam ported heads intake, new SMC alky kit with progressive controller mounted in over flow tank, te 44, new exhaust from atr downpipe back...60 lbs inj. rjc girdle, rjc head gaskets, 3000 stall, new fuel lines from classic tube, and much more...

Hmm, that much intercooler, eh?. :)
Now why am I just so shocked to hear of this working so well?. :)

Now don't get to having too much fun before you get it broken in. Then you can crank the boost up some more, and have one of them *This smile can only be removed by Surgical means*.

white smoke at idle ttt

and a little on take off...then goes away...only shows up at idle when sitting...then when i take off a small puff of smoke had a guy follow me and it does not smoke when i get into it or when i let off and get back in it...just at idle getts progressively worse at idle when sitting...does not get real bad just enough to make me wonder if it is valve seals.????

over 1300 miles on it

i have gotten into it maybe 5 times....with alky....never without it....
just a little fyi...
i put over 600 miles on it and 4 oil changes before i floored it ...
trying to find out why the car was running 780's on the 02 with alky i try to tune for 800-820's on 02 fuel pump falls off at wot...it rises with boost then if you hit wot it drops to like 50-52lbs at 16 psi...set at 42 line off...had this problem before.....ordered new fuel pump another walbro 340...i have replaced the feed lines ..fuel filter, inj. regulator is know good...i have vacuum because i bought new vacuum lines....and just put caspers volt booster on it...will check it today to see if that helped....if the new fuel pump does not fix it then what????

I am having a similar problem. I have AFPR set at 44 line off. When I go WOT the fuel Pressure gauge goes to 52lbs and won't go ablove that no matter what boost I run. I replaced the fuel filter and it made no change. My Red Armstrong fuel pump is less than a year old. I cranked the FP up to 68lbs at idle with no problems just to see. It must be a volume problem because it fails under high demand with boost. I am kinda thinking that I may have a cracked rubber hose back by the fuel tank or a crimped fuel line some where. Don't sure where to look after that except to drop the gas tank and poke around.