Would fuel tank from an '82 regal (3.8 carb) fit an 85 hot air?

henschman

I am asking for a friend. His '85 hot air has a dented fuel tank, and he is about to upgrade the pump. He wants to put a new tank on while he's at it, and I have a junk '82 Regal sitting around. It has the carbed 3.8. i thought I'd save some work and ask the board before we went ahead and pulled that tank. can we use it?

it won't have the necessry baffling to kep the fuel pump submerged.
i don't know, but i think maybe a tank out of an 85-88 Monte Carlo with the TBI 4.3 might work.

It will fit but doesn't have the internal baffles for the in tank fuel pump. You could use the one off the FI MC but the neck is slightly off. No big deal. You just scrap your knuckles removing the gas cap. Plenty of affordable new fuel tanks out there for the SFI Turbo TR.

i thought hot airs didn't have the baffles? i guess i was wrong. would it really be that big of a deal not to have them? i've heard of people with turbo cars using them with no problems.

i thought hot airs didn't have the baffles? i guess i was wrong. would it really be that big of a deal not to have them? i've heard of people with turbo cars using them with no problems.

Go ahead, it'll work fine--just don't let tank get below 1/2 & risk running FP dry, getting lean detonation & possibly ruining the pump too.:eek:

Will work fine if foot kept off the little pedal on the right:D