WOT TPS voltage?

darkred87T

Hi,
I'm trying to adjust my TPS and can't seem to get my WOT voltage to 4.5volts. The best range I can get is .42 to around 4.38 on the high side. Is this nornal? The car is running rich under WOT.

Do you have floor mats? If so remove and retest. Are you pulling the tps forward while setting it?

If you just loosen the bolts and "freely" make the adjustment you will see 4.5-6 but the throttle blade will not be open all the way.

Pull forward while making the adjustment.

I'm pulling the throttle open by hand under the hood. I can move the sensor around and get 4.5 to 6 but then I can't get the low end low enough. There's just not enough range.

Make the adjustment/mounting holes in the tps oblong with a file or a drill bit. Then you can push the tps foward (or backward) to get more range.

Thanks. I doesn't seem to make a difference I guess. I'm not using AFR tracking yet but I will be soon. I gues that's when it's critical?

I would highly recommend you do NOT get your WOT setting by pushing the throttle open from outside the car. I adjust the closed setting under the hood and snug it up and then sit in the seat with any and all floor mats removed and then push the pedal to the floor and see what comes up. I can bet you they will be different at WOT from pushing the throttle to WOT from under the hood and from pushing the pedal to the floor in the car. Unless your going to drive the car with the hood off and reach out the window and go WOT with your hand on the road I would not adjust it there/that way. :wink: Keep in mind this is not something that takes 2 seconds to get right. I've done cars and got it damn near perfect on the first shot I've done other cars that broke my balls for 15 mins or more! So take your time and set it right the first time.

Eyupper, just as 4.38 is more than enuf, 4.28, 4.18 & 4.08 are also sufficient. Normally, anything over 4.0 will suffice...

phillyturbosix;2152224Unless your going to drive the car with the hood off and reach out the window and go WOT with your hand on the road I would not adjust it there/that way. :wink:[/QUOTE said:
Duh, I could just tie a string to the throttle and hold the other end. :rolleyes:

No seriously, It's pretty much the same WOT voltage inside the car. The only reason why I tried it manually was becuase I couldn't get it right. It does take some messing around though.

My transmission t.v. cable was keeping my throttle from opening all the way.I loosened it up a little to get mine over 4 volts.It did make a difference on the way its shifts.A little goes a long way.Just something else to look at.

Yeah I have to keep my TB cable 3 notches out. If I go four it restricts the throttle and shifts late.