World's Best Type F?

My buddy uses that in his superstocker BUT I don't think there is any difference. The type F seems to be better for clutch apply but the dex 6 etc seems to lubricate bushings and hard parts better. The type F seems to need more frequent changing than the dex 6 also.

The type F will handle more heat than Dex... i run type F and a quart of tractor fluid

The type F will handle more heat than Dex..

I seriously doubt that statement Clint?

One trip to the track with a 9 sec. GN with a TH400 and the Type F is burned and black?

One season in the same car and the Dex VI still looks red and no burned smell.

I do agree on the cheapest AZ fluid if it is labeled DEX VI only, not the import mixture.

Wally World Dex 6 about $4.50/qt. About the same at the other Ho Chi Min parts places..

I seriously doubt that statement Clint?
One trip to the track with a 9 sec. GN with a TH400 and the Type F is burned and black?
One season in the same car and the Dex VI still looks red and no burned smell.
I do agree on the cheapest AZ fluid if it is labeled DEX VI only, not the import mixture.
Just goin by what my tranny builder said to me and hes been building trannies for a long time... I used it on my 9 second pass and its still as new with lots of street miles on it Nick

I used Ford Type in my TB400 trans on my old Drag Car BB Buick with a 5500 stall for about 10 years never had a problem with it at all . The fluid always looked new and never smelled .

It seems we all have our opinions based on personal experience just like with engine oil & filters or spark plugs.

When I bought my GN, it's 2004R had just been rebuilt (due to an improperly adjusted tv cable). The builder added a TransGo shift kit and filled it with Type F :eek:.

Soon after I replaced the lockup solenoid with a 700R4 piece, added a cooler and refilled it with Dextron III as everyone on the board said to get rid of the F in a BRF trans with a D5.

I realize the dino Type F is old school although some claim success with it in lockup converters also.

I've had no trans problems in 14 years except for overheating the fluid and blowing out the front seal 4 or 5 years ago due to the trans cooler line coming in contact with the downpipe.

My plan for the car is to weekend race it, driving to the local track with a TH350 (this builder recommended Type F also) and a nos 2800 stall Chevy Vega converter.

The trans/converter package had proved great on the street behind a mild SBC so I added a B&M shift kit to firm things up. Incidentally B&M recommends using their Trick Shift fluid or Type F.

I plan on sticking with genuine Ford F as that's the only fluid the trans and converter have seen. I may change to the ATI Super F synthetic for longevity (and a few hundredths on the time slip :)) if things go well.

Thank you all for your input and experiences, keep them coming!