Working on buying a 84' GN

Change over to 87 exhaust, 3000 convertor,ta33 turbo, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, get a chip burned,cold air intake ,throttle body bored out.downpipe. Tune maybe champion heads and intake and cam. Can do a lot with 84 if you look

What do you mean change to 86/87 exhaust?

You mean just the catback?

Last edited:
get catback and 87 cat convertor(or test pipe) cut off bolt on flange or weld on pipe to downpipe.

get catback and 87 cat convertor(or test pipe) cut off bolt on flange or weld on pipe to downpipe.
Sry for some reason it auto corrected to something weird, yeah that's what I was wondering, but I feel like thats a waste of money right?

Better off getting a test pipe and a cutout.

i have an 87 hooker exhaust on mine with a test pipe and an ATR 2 1/2 downpipe so it doesnt have the 84 flange welded on downpipe. along with a 3000 torque convertor and more boost it breaks tires loose heavy throttle around 15 mph and on second gear shift.has a nice tone with dynomax superturbos.

and check your throttle position sensor. most dont reach full voltage at wide open throttle.i had to drill and file out the bolt slots so i could get .57 volts at idle and 4.81 at wide open.this would be the most important tune you can start with. when i started tuning wide open didnt even reach 4.0 volts. it wont reach full boost or timing/fuel curve without it.