Woodruff key for a billet roller cam

key

Any machine shop should have one. I believe it is the same as crank key--have to trim one end assuming it is like the one I use.

Any machine shop should have one. I believe it is the same as crank key--have to trim one end assuming it is like the one I use.

Yes a crank key will work but, it appears that the cam needs a taller woodruff key. With the crank key in place, less than a 1/16 of an inch is actually inside of the timing gear. My machine shop doesnt have a taller key.

I have one of each. The key from Weber for thier billet cam and the key from a stock crank and they are exactly the same size, only the cam key has been shortened by 1/8th of an inch.

been 5 yeras since mine has been apart

But I don't believe my cam key is tall enough to fill up the keyway in stack up parts. I worried about this same thing when first going to a billet cam but so far so good. Best of luck.--Lee

But I don't believe my cam key is tall enough to fill up the keyway in stack up parts. I worried about this same thing when first going to a billet cam but so far so good. Best of luck.--Lee

Seems kind of strange. The keyway isnt even filled up a 1/4 of what is available. If it causes me to lose sleep, I will machine my own key. thanks