wont start

TurboGN86

Ok guys I have had an 87 we4 for 2 years now an after running for bout 8 months with no issues she won't stay started. Drove all day yesterday an when I went to leave a friends house it wouldn't stay running. It will starts do one revolutions an die. Now it doent want to even do more then fire one cylinder an die. Mods are te44 60#rs precisions stretch stocklocation poston headers 3" thsdp with 3" single shot with the cutout open and tt chip. No codes. Has spark and 45 to 47 # of fp. Any ideas? Thought it was the computer ordered a reman an dunno if its a good one or not because well its a reman an we kno how those are... and input is welcome

Thanks
Jeremy

Search no starts on here, there's a pretty good decision tree in the archives.

If I were to shoot in the dark, I would go crank sensor.

If it was a bad crank sensor there would be no fuel AND no spark...

...Check for injector pulse, pull a plug or two and see if you are getting any fuel to the cylinders. If you are having partial start...I vote cam sensor. Bad ECM will act like a bad crank sensor....no fuel and no spark. Rule out the ECM by turning the ign to "on" and watching the check engine light...if it blinks once, and then stays on, ECM is working properly. HTH ---Keith

Injectors are wet so its getting fuel. I tried the new ecm and nothing. Checked the crank sensor and it looked ok. Gonna try a known good one tomorrow. I have heard crazy things happen when the cal pak goes bad. Is this true?

What about the cam sensor? I'd still check the injector pulse...just to be sure. If you are getting fuel, and spark, it should fire.

i further investigated the crank sensor and ended up finding a loose wire right out of the plug. evidentally the previous owner did some not so great crimping on one of them and it had 1 strand holding it together so it would start till it got too much voltage and couldnt handle it. aka stumbling out. hopfully this will fix the problem. i will verify later in the week. thanks guys i guess shane was right all along.

Jeremy