Won't start

I eat Z06

The GN has been driving good all weekend long (75 mile road trip for the MSU/UofM game). Tonight we are coming home and stop at Arbys. Run in, get our food to go, come out to the GN, and nothing. I turn the key and nothing, no crank, nothing, like the battery is totally dead. :confused: I check the voltage 11-12 when the ign is on, 10 when turning the key, and the car was running at 14 when on the highway. They battery connections are all good, etc. Neutral safety isn't causing this. Does this sound like possibly a bad starter?? :confused:
If you have any info please respond ASAP, the car is currently sitting at ARBYs. :(

I hope this is in a good area that you'd leave a GN sitting! Round here it would probably be stolen within a day or so. Dont take much for some fool to put a booster box on the starter terminal, break the switch, and drive away.

Check starter wiring, both the direct battery connection to it and the solenoid wire from the ign. switch: its purple. If you dont get 12V when in the start position, check that corresponding wiring and then the IGN switch... My ign switch went bad --- of course intermittently --- and was a PIA to source. If both are OK, starter. Ah, and also check grounding... you never know. You will need a good engine ground for the starter return path... on the head or something right to the battery.

Phil

It is in an alright area. An 85' was sitting on the corner for sale a few years ago, and there is a 300ZX (n/a) sitting for sale a 1/4 of a mile away. Thanks for the info, gonna run over there before class.

Nick