wondering if anyone could give me some help?

85betty

i got a 1985 buick regal non turbo bone stock thats got 70k original miles on it, ive been wanting to throw a turbo in and ive been doin some research. how expensive and time consuming will this be?

To START plan for $2500.00 and you will spend much longer tuning and trying to get everything to work together and be reliable than actually wrenching and fabbing on a car with a carb/turbo system.

If you really want some more detailed answers and replies set up some good realistic goals: Say I want a street and strip car car that can run 14psi all day with a 4 speed and is all about acceleration or A street car with 10 psi max and a 3 speed that had good cruise habits and a little extra grunt.

Soon we have other members that will more than likely chime in, only we needed some more input and this place could spawn a recipe that can get you going in the right direction, like do you plan on opening up the block or not?

Soon we have other members that will more than likely chime in, only we needed some more input and this place could spawn a recipe that can get you going in the right direction, like do you plan on opening up the block or not?

Very true Adam.:biggrin: I finally got time to check the board so there's lots of ways to do it. You can go blow through or draw through. It depends on what your goals are. Tell us what you want to do with the car please.:)

i did my draw thru set up for $200. it doesn't cost that much to switch over. i just bought a whole set up for $40 as you all seen. for the draw thru all you have to do is change the pass exhaust manifold intake man and thats all there is to it. there are some small stuff too like put turbo on and brackets and oil line cant forget that. its simple just dont run alot of boost.

I would agree that you should post your goals..

it might be just easier to go SFI right out..... theres lots to be desired with the carb turbo.

A.j.