With my set-up what's my et?

SpeednV6

Fuel Pressure Gauges
I have not been to a track. With my mods, whats my et? How should I tune f/p, boost, ...to get the most out of this w/o using racing gas?

Thx

you don't consider 100 octane race gas? In these parts they get more for unleaded 100 octane than 110 leaded..........

your car will run whatever et you are capable of as a driver and tuner:)

(but you will be maxxed in the high 11's)

How can I max out? What psi boost? Fuel Pressure? I'll just step on it:) I run with an open dump tube.

Thx

you need to go to the track and familiarize yourself with the car and the drag strip.......you will need to learn how to launch the car and how to tune it.....do you have a scan tool? Boost gauge? fuel pressure gauge?

if you have good fuel, and apparently you already run 20 lbs boost, just start there and see what you see on the scan tool....the standard drill is to turn up the boost and fuel until you start to detonate........do this in small steps or you will have problems

launching the car for an effective et is a whole other battle...just go to the track, watch, listen and have fun ....better still, take a TR owner who has raced his car with you

I have all the gages and an ANS Knock detector. I have the adj. rod set for 20psi. I run 44 psi static fuel pressure. In 1st/2nd, I get 20psi w/o a red light or beep. In 2nd/3rd, I get 1 flash at the shift point and 20 psi. In 3rd/4th, I get 17 psi no blinks, but then, the boost climbs to 20 psi and it'll blink a couple of times. Can I boost fuel pressure to 48psi to richen it up?

no scan tool?

make a pass at the track and see what ya got!

if no knock, bump the boost....if ANY knock bump the fuel pressure

I don't recommend any of this unless you can monitor knock & 02's at the very least

What kind of knock should I be concerned with? The 1st/2nd, 2nd/3rd, or 3rd/4th?

at 20+ lbs of boost every degree of retard is eating at your head gaskets....so in a word....none!

Thanks for your input AZGN. I will put it on a scan tool and dial it in.....Thx

P.s Should I stay with my blue tops or should I go to the 009's?

Originally posted by SpeednV6
I have not been to a track. With my mods, whats my et? How should I tune f/p, boost, ...to get the most out of this w/o using racing gas?

Thx

With mods similar to yours (bluetops, TA49, THDP, big neck stock intercooler) my car ran fairly consistant 11.65 - 11.75's@115 with a best of 11.53@118. This is with a thrasher 108 chip, 114 octane race gas, 23 psi of boost running 28" tall drag radials.

Its a very consistant, very easy to tune combination that works great on an otherwise stock car and has very few downsides.

With thrasher chips, I just set the FP at 45 psi and turned up the boost until I started seeing knock, when I saw knock I added octane. When I was running in the 114's I played with the FP a little and got my mph above 116 by adding a psi of FP. Otherwise I never touched it. One less thing to worry about.