witch art exhaust to use

SIXNESS

i have 2 systems
3 in' single or 2.5 in' duel muffer system.
not sure witch system to put on the car.
any help would be appreciated
thanks
Dave

The 3 inch single shot will be louder and lighter than the dual 2.5.
They both are good exhaust systems.

I'm running the ATR 3" single shot, runs like a charm, loud yes but you get use to it. ;) Like said both are top notch products so you can't go wrong.

much appreciated!
buickfreak
rob nolan
i was leaning to the 3 inch.
thanks again
Dave

Well, if you think about actual flow capacity, two 2.5" pipes could carry more than one 3" pipe. But "yes", the single shot is lighter weight.

I've had friends with the single shot 3", and I have to say it is the worst sounding exhaust I've ever heard on a Turbo Buick! It's "blatty", and has a horrible resonance inside the car. But then again, it becomes a matter of driver's choice, and your willingness to deal with the sound. I doubt you'd see enough HP gain between either one, to justify one over the other. Sound and appearance would be the dominant decision factors.

I'd go with the 2.5", but that's just my preference.

The ATR 3 ins with Pit Bull free flow muffler and no Cat is good right down to 9 secs, you can't ask better than that. But you need also the big 3 or 3 1/2 ins down pipe that goes with that single shot. This way you save a lot of unnescessary weight , a little loud but you will have more chances to get some challengers on the street seing that you're running only one exhaust. ;)

3 Inch.....ewwww lol

just chiming in here...for what it's worth, had the KB 3" Single and after leaving a friends house under a heavy foot, I came back and was told it sounded like fart and like an RX-7 ....needless to say I Bought the ATR 2.5 stainless the next day. Sounds nice and quietly mean until u get on it! my particular 2.5 came kinda weird so only one tiny tip shows...*evil Grin*.

3" ATR Crossflow Here ... It is awesome all stainless.

Here is food for thought ..look at the weight on the dual 2.5, then the weight on the 3 " crossflow system. The 2.5 cheaper system does not have stainless muffs the 3" crossflow does(all stainless).

So weight vs. HP is the reason I went with the crossflow. The 3" single is going to be pushing it on the noise.

30 lbs is a considerable gain. ATR claims the crossflow has ran 9's on the TTA.

Re: 3 Inch.....ewwww lol

Originally posted by SITHV6
just chiming in here...for what it's worth, had the KB 3" Single and after leaving a friends house under a heavy foot, I came back and was told it sounded like fart and like an RX-7

I smoked a Mustang last year and he told me the same thing!!! He said my car sounded like a fart can, so I answered him ''Yeah but the fart can was ahead'' ;) Then he answered back ''Yeah but I only have 10 000$ on my engine'' :rolleyes: :D He made my day right there.