Wiseco PTS542A2 Piston Application ??

Tim Cucci

I've got my eye on a set of these pistons but I just can't find much info on this particular part # PTS542A2. I know the website says it is for a 3.8 Turbo Buick and it is .020 over. I have a refurbished 109 block bored .020 over with stock crank and rods. Any body got info or experience with these pistons?
Thanks

I've got my eye on a set of these pistons but I just can't find much info on this particular part # PTS542A2. I know the website says it is for a 3.8 Turbo Buick and it is .020 over. I have a refurbished 109 block bored .020 over with stock crank and rods. Any body got info or experience with these pistons?
Thanks
This is a very good forged stock replacement piston.

These are the new line of pro tru pistons. They switched the piston material to 4032-t61 Forged Aluminum over the 2618. They have the same specs as the old pt040a2 2618 piston sets. I would stay clear of 4032 in any motor over 400 HP and 20 psi boost. I now use the CP piston as Wiseco no longer offers a good piston in this application.

I wouldnt just toss them in a .020 over block because theyre .020 over pistons, iirc wiseco recommends a little more clearance than other manufacturers. Ideally your machinist would measure them and bore/hone to spec. Proper clearance is important.

I wouldnt just toss them in a .020 over block because theyre .020 over pistons, iirc wiseco recommends a little more clearance than other manufacturers. Ideally your machinist would measure them and bore/hone to spec. Proper clearance is important.
Since Wiseco is now using 4032 material and it's expansion rate is much less than 2618,less piston to cylinder wall clearance will be needed compared to the older 2618 Wiseco pistons.

Duly noted, i put mine in in 08 and ive used them forever in powersports motors, havent paid much attention to them since.