Wiring question?

nboost

Just curious on what guys are doing as far as wiring goes in your hybrids. Are/Is there companies that will make a custom harness that will plug right in? or are you having to hunt down your factory wires and mate them with the GN harness? Any info would be great. I have a 91 toyota pickup and know that Scott Wile went through a lot with his swap into his toyota but was curious if there was something a bit easier...:biggrin:

Caspers electronics makes a several harnesses and adaptors to allow you to use the stock ECM or XFI/FAST/BS3.

You can use a factory harness with out much trouble. It sure helps to be familiar with GM harness colors and reading wiring diagrams.

Wile's Toyota is awsome! :)
~Scott

I second that, talk to John over at Caspers.

There are lots of wiring schematics over at gnttype.org. Most of what you need to tie in is in the large bulkhead connector and the C437 connector. That is the white 2 row connector about 18" from the ECM connectors.

There is a very good diagram I got from 12lbChevelle in this thread. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/268168-wiring-breaker-question.html that will also help.

Good luck,
Matt

It's all for sale!

Just curious on what guys are doing as far as wiring goes in your hybrids. Are/Is there companies that will make a custom harness that will plug right in? or are you having to hunt down your factory wires and mate them with the GN harness? Any info would be great. I have a 91 toyota pickup and know that Scott Wile went through a lot with his swap into his toyota but was curious if there was something a bit easier...:biggrin:

PM sent.
YouTube - Irwindale wheelie

Attachments

• IMG00386.jpg
    IMG00386.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 229

Why are you selling it? I was looking forward to racing you. ;)

anyways about the caspers harness I paid between 700-800 and it still had a few problems.... :mad: The sensors didnt have a ground so I had to tap into my 7-800 harness to ground my sensors so they could work! But other than having to track down problems with it. It looked great and was perfect to my required specs. Hell you can barely see it in the below picture.

Going to a stg 2 setup so custom headers, heads, valve covers, intake, etc.. have gotta go.

scott wile

The only thing not for sale is the bare block. Everything else is "make an offer"

scott wile