Wiring harness question

Berman

My car has been experiencing crazy electrical problems. I have replaced every part of the ignition system - coil pack, module, plugs, wires, crank sensor, etc. You name it I replaced it. I wish I had a picture to show you guys the wiring under the hood of my car. It looks simply awful. There are cut wires, connectors sitting there, spliced wires. It makes no sense. Someone hacked the crap out of this wiring. The best local GN guys I can find are stumped. My mechanic, who is a great GN mechanic by the way, said "for the first time in my life about a car, I am stumped. I have no clue. It's got to be in the wiring". We've tried different computers and chips as well, to eliminate that. We've checked all ground wires, cleaned the heck out of where they connect, etc. Checked the positive battery cable, checked the fusible link, etc.
When I grab the bundle of wires on the drivers side and shake them, I can change how the car runs - it will make it better or worse.

So I've decided to solve this once and for all. I ordered a new wiring harness and injector harness from Caspers.

My question is this - the main engine wiring harness, which is what I bought, is the sole harness responsible for all engine functions? computer, ignition, fuel, etc? (i got the injector harness too).

A better question would be, if I was swapping a GN engine into another car, would all I need to make the engine run be the main harness, the injector harness, and a fusebox harness I guess? Because if this is the case, the new harness will solve my problems.

The main engine harness sounds like it'll solve your troubles! It'll include half the bulkhead harness (C100) which actually has a screw that holds it to the fuse block, and the passenger side will simply go thru the firewall (PITA to remove the thing holding it in) and plug into your ECM and then there are two other harnesses on that side (C437) that plug into dash harness. HTH, good luck! I had to take out the inner splash shield on my wrecked t-type to get to the two bolts holding the harness in the firewall on the passenger side.