Wiring Harness Connector Confusion

badgrandntl

I have some pictures of some connectors and I have no clue where they go. I put an 87 motor in my 85 and I have these few connectors that I have no clue what they are for. The are all located on the driver side. If you give me your email I can email some pictures to you. Thanks for your help

1) The connector has one green wire with a gray connector and is located near the windshield wiper motor. It looks like a spade type connector. This wire is very short

2) The seconed connector is located next to the first but is longer and it also has one wire that is black with an orange stripe. It also looks like a spade type connector

3) These two connector are located next to each other and have very long wires that are located on the drivers side. One has a single blue wire going into it and the connector is ovaland out of that connector comes a black wire with a small connector. Both of these come out from the wiring harness that has my fan relay connectors.

Thanks again for you help Scott

Black/orange stripe is the underhood lamp, short lead from the hood lamp goes into the connector.

Hey thanks salvage, I was wondering what that was for, probably because i never had an under hood light.

Mike

thanks

Yeah I don't have an underhood lamp either. Got any idea on the others? I can send you the pics if you want? Thanks for your help

send em over to me, ill take a look. ive had about 6-7 gbody cars, i might know.;)

Mike

Was the harness upgraded to the 87 model too???

I don't seem to have those other two connectors on my 87 cars.

Maybe they are 85 Hotair connectors. :confused:

connectors

The guy said the harness came out of a running 87 car. I just don't see where they go? Thanks for lookin at the pics and for your time.

If you can send them to me again in .JPG format I can host them on my photo website and post a link to them.

The only way I could open the format you sent was with explorer and I can't convert that format myself to .JPG since my graphics stuff doesn't recognize them.

.JPG is the only format my hosting site accepts.

Green wire usually indicates horn but not with that funky gray connector, the other oval one is even more odd. :confused:

Hope the harness wasn't out of a N/A V6 car. :eek:

I resent the pics, it is out of a turbo car because it has the connector for the wastegate purge and all the other connectors seem to fit. Thanks for hosting the pics.

Damm files are HUGE. :p

With the extra picture you sent me today I can tell that the factory fan wiring has been modified into that first funky connector/relay? and the wires are added up front probably to adapt to the Ramchargers fans perhpaps, makes sense 2 wire connector and all and the proper length.

Not quite sure if any relays are in the picture however?

I will upload them soon, dialup here. :rolleyes:

Still no clue on that gray connector and green wire? :confused:

That makes sense. I just ordered the relays. They should be here soon and then I can get the car running and feel the power. I can't wait. The files are so big because I used a friends camera and I had it set on the highest setting. Thanks for your help

Here is a link to the first connector pic.

Green wire and gray connector is the one in question.

EVERYBODY look!!! :cool:

47320610-5e6f-02000180-.jpg

Just so you are clear on this, those aren't factory wires in the second and third pictures.

They use a mating connector plugged into one fan harness socket that normally has a relay attached there.

Might be the fan delay relay wires, ie. one connector from that, which has two connectors total plugging into the large relay (fan delay relay).

The ones up front are all aftermarket added wires and it looks like you are missing a connector off that short lead, maybe it plugs into the stock fan wiring which should be located down near the middle of the radiator drivers side, large 3 pin weatherpak connector? Or else goes to a good ground or hot lead?

Hard to tell since I run all the stock wiring.