WIRING GODS...FEW QUESTIONS

turbox-tech

Doing a swap into a 79 Malibu with a GN dash and just finishing up the harness. What I would like to know is if I remove the following from the harness will I have any issues? EGR, Fuel pump relay (using prime wire), A/C complete harness, Wastegage solenoid, and complete fan relay setup (low and hi speed)..using aftermarket relays (racetronix and Hayden). I may use the low speed wire as a A/C source to the Hayden Relay.
thanks in advance guys :)

I am doing the same swap. I am getting rid of the egr and the ac harness but I wouldn't get rid of the waste gate solenoid as the computer needs it. I am also keeping my fuel pump relay not sure if the prime wire can handle the fuel pump for extended times.

On a old swap I did about 13 years ago, I remeber removing the WG solenoid. It was more of a safety thing, but with all the monitoring stuff we have now I think I can get rid of the ugly thing. Big Reazon, keep me posted on your build as I'm sure we will both have questions.
Thx Chopped looks like I will call John at Caspers...need some stuff from them anyway

All but the AC will set codes (your MIL light will be on) unless you have a chip to do away with the EGR the ECM needs the fuel pump relay wire also. You could however get away with grounding the park/N switch and be able to remove the EGR without setting codes but, then you will have no vehicle speed and, no lockup TCC and it just won't run as good as if you had chip to remove the stuff the right way.

Thanks Schmith. I will have the chip so I figured that would take care of most of the MIL light issues. I may just run a switch to the MIL bulb. I will be using the FP prime/signal wire from the ECU to run the new relay system

I am doing the same swap. I am getting rid of the egr and the ac harness but I wouldn't get rid of the waste gate solenoid as the computer needs it. I am also keeping my fuel pump relay not sure if the prime wire can handle the fuel pump for extended times.

Actually the wastgate solenoid depends on the chip. TT chips don't care if it's unpluged.