Wiring CSII Door Speakers

84GNwith87eng

I have doors from a CSII car with speakers in them, but no associated wiring.

What is the easiest way to wire them to my standard 4-speaker system?

Thanks!

Chris

wiring

all you need to do is just wire the door speakers to the front speakers. that's how the factory CSII is wired.

84GNwith87eng said:
So I can just splice the wires together? That's it?

pretty much. just wire positive to postive and negative to negative and it will work just fine.

So how does wiring work with the front/door speakers when using an amplifier? Can two amplifier channels be used for all 4 speakers, or do you need 4 seperate amplifier channels?

I have an Infinity Kappa System. 3.5's up front, 5.25's in the doors, and 6x9's in the back. I am going to put in an amplifier, but I am unsure what kind to buy. Should I buy a 6-channel amplifier for each speaker individually, or are the dash/doors shared, making only a 4-channel necessary? Basically I need support for:

-30 RMS up front
-55 RMS Doors
-110 RMS Rear

What is the best way to wire this amplified?

84GNwith87eng said:
So I can just splice the wires together? That's it?

Just make sure the polairity is correct. Right is light green and the left is light brown.

86MCSS said:
So how does wiring work with the front/door speakers when using an amplifier? Can two amplifier channels be used for all 4 speakers, or do you need 4 seperate amplifier channels?

I have an Infinity Kappa System. 3.5's up front, 5.25's in the doors, and 6x9's in the back. I am going to put in an amplifier, but I am unsure what kind to buy. Should I buy a 6-channel amplifier for each speaker individually, or are the dash/doors shared, making only a 4-channel necessary? Basically I need support for:

-30 RMS up front
-55 RMS Doors
-110 RMS Rear

What is the best way to wire this amplified?

A 6 channel amp is actually a 4-ch amp and a 2-ch amp put together. Just wire the 3.5" and the 5.25" front parallel with the front channels of a 4-ch amp. No need for a 6-ch for your application unless you running a sub.

thats correct the front speakers are wired in parallel.
tan- lf+
grey lf-

lt green rf+
dk green rf-

make tripple sure you get all the speakers wired correctly(pos to pos, neg to neg)only takes one speaker wired up backwards to cancel the bass for ALL speakers.

turbo v6; i recommend getting a four channel amp for f & r speakers and leaving the dash speakers on radio power. unhook them from each other(their is a "Y" harness for door,dash speakers behind radio),reason is they are loud because of thier mounting location,usually drowns out the doors.doors need power for loudness,rear needs power for distance and they make the majority of the bass.

If you want to confirm polarity, take a 1.5 volt battery, and put the positive wire to positive (top) of battery, and negative wire to negative (bottom) of battery. If the speaker pops out then you have the wires correct. If speaker pops inward then you have wires reversed.

GNRick said:
If you want to confirm polarity, take a 1.5 volt battery, and put the positive wire to positive (top) of battery, and negative wire to negative (bottom) of battery. If the speaker pops out then you have the wires correct. If speaker pops inward then you have wires reversed.

Good idea but hard for one person. There are phase testers available.