Winter Project almost done

fgordon

Waitin For The Majic
Nearly done, Test-n-tune 3 Feb Lousy Pic, I'll try again

Attachments

• Stage_BMP.jpg
    Stage_BMP.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 585
Love the look... Killer Stance...Could you post some more pics when you have a chance ? Also some information on suspension mods. and wheel and tire combination.

A couple more pics. The tires are 29.5 x 13.5 MT's. Had some 28 x 10.5 MT's on the other GN with the same engine it but is wanted to get loose at about 300'. So the winter project was to move the engine to this car, put in a 4-link, tubs, and put it on a diet. We're expecting about #2700 when we get to the scales.

000_0439.jpg

000_0436.jpg

Our Fall project

This is the 82 Regal we've been racing on 28 x 10.5 MT's. We back-halfed this one last fall and got in a few passes before the tracks down here closed. With the big tires we took 3rd out of about 60 cars at the "Turkey Trot" event here.

Regal_Fat.jpg

I guess you can tell by my posts that I can't wait for the tracks to open.

Frank, is this the car my heads went on you bought from me? Looks good man! Daniel Ray

Sweet, glad to hear you are putting them to good use! I told you they worked great on mine, just went with GN1 aluminums on my build so I didn't need them. Hated to see them just sitting around. Enjoy them man! Daniel Ray

Made it to the track and the frst pass ever...6:90 @107mph. Did a soft launch with a 1:70 60'(bugger tried to lift the front wheels in the water box). We were happy to get a full pass on the first try. Lucky for us because the gremlins came out after that. After looking at the data log we found that we only had 10.5 volts during the run, alternator crapped out. I may go with 16volt batteries and get rid of the alternator. We expect to get this car into the 5's this season. I'm looking for a sub 6:50 next time out.