Wing emblem trademark??

OK...so if it has an "R" then you know for sure its a real GM part :D Since the aftermarket ones have no "R" you won't know for sure....maybe that ebay ad does have some truth to it :)

Well Frank, I didn't know if he might die before he had the opportunity to respond to your questions and I didn't want a nice Irish Texan such as yourself to have to live with this type of nagging question being unanswered.

You can thank me later:biggrin:

Hi there,

Well! I thank you for your consideration. You seem to be a fine person but, I must say, I'm probably older than he is and I'm quite sure, after reading many of his posts, he would answer my question, without sarcasm like any decent man would. Now! Just to clear things up. I'm not his wife so, I don't nag! I simply asked a question. I truly apologize for not understanding and wasting Franks time and yours but, that's how we Irish Texans are. If we don't understand something, we ask the person that stated it to expain what they ment. I guess there are some folks that need someone else to explain what they mean. Say! Are you a lawyer or do you have a propensity to run off at the mouth alot?:confused:

OK...so if it has an "R" then you know for sure its a real GM part :D Since the aftermarket ones have no "R" you won't know for sure....maybe that ebay ad does have some truth to it :)

Hi buddy,

I think Jan pretty much sealed the deal on this thread. No! The wings with the R are not OEM (original equipment). The only exact reproductions are from CAR and PW Distribution.

Hi buddy,

I think Jan pretty much sealed the deal on this thread. No! The wings with the R are not OEM (original equipment). The only exact reproductions are from CAR and PW Distribution.
Not OEM, but a real over the counter GM product....
So then the question would be...would you want Carmotorsports repros or real "GM" over the counter parts on a restored car?
(Both mine have the original emblems on them, I just have an extra set with the "R" on them :) )

Not OEM, but a real over the counter GM product....
So then the question would be...would you want Carmotorsports repros or real "GM" over the counter parts on a restored car?
(Both mine have the original emblems on them, I just have an extra set with the "R" on them :) )

Hi Rob,

I would say that's pretty much up to you and how much you want to spend. On ebay you may find a set but, you'll have to bid for them and they need to be sealed in a GM bag. Both CAR and PW are perfect repros and are licensed by GM. I will say this, if you change the wings, you need to change all the badges. You'll be amazed at how good they look. Just changing the wings will look odd.
Just sayin!
By the way, they're easy to change out with a hair drier and a plastic knife.

Hi there,

Well! I thank you for your consideration. You seem to be a fine person but, I must say, I'm probably older than he is and I'm quite sure, after reading many of his posts, he would answer my question, without sarcasm like any decent man would. Now! Just to clear things up. I'm not his wife so, I don't nag! I simply asked a question. I truly apologize for not understanding and wasting Franks time and yours but, that's how we Irish Texans are. If we don't understand something, we ask the person that stated it to expain what they ment. I guess there are some folks that need someone else to explain what they mean. Say! Are you a lawyer or do you have a propensity to run off at the mouth alot?:confused:

Just relax there you Irish Texan. Its all in fun. That's why I put a smiley there:wink:

I'm probably older than he is and I'm quite sure, after reading many of his posts, he would answer my question, without sarcasm like any decent man would. Now! Just to clear things up. I'm not his wife so, I don't nag! I simply asked a question. I truly apologize for not understanding and wasting Franks time and yours but, that's how we Irish Texans are.

Texas Frank- you must be clairvoyant. I'm 38, my wife does nag, but you got the decent man part all wrong:biggrin:.

As others have stated, I was just pointing out the fact about the ebayer's BS comment stating that only the "R" versions are original. I tend to be short, suffer from ADD (not ADHD because I'm lazy), CRS, and I drink too much; therfore, ill communication takes place. My apologies:)

Just sharing. Here are pics of my 2nd set which have the same part # as the one's above on ebay that are the "R" versions.

P1010116.jpg

P1010118.jpg

Question I have is regarding the second pic - I circled were is states "10-87".
Is this the date code?

Texas Frank- you must be clairvoyant. I'm 38, my wife does nag, but you got the decent man part all wrong:biggrin:.

As others have stated, I was just pointing out the fact about the ebayer's BS comment stating that only the "R" versions are original. I tend to be short, suffer from ADD (not ADHD because I'm lazy), CRS, and I drink too much; therfore, ill communication takes place. My apologies:)

Just sharing. Here are pics of my 2nd set which have the same part # as the one's above on ebay that are the "R" versions.

P1010116.jpg

P1010118.jpg

Question I have is regarding the second pic - I circled were is states "10-87".
Is this the date code?

Howdy California Frank!

No apologies needed. I think the last 2 words of your second paragraph completely refutes the last statement of your 1st paragraph. I am 5th generation Irish so the term "drinks to much" is incomprehensible to me, there's no such term in my vocabulary. Hell! If I don't drink every day my damned DNA will unravle. As Robert Lewis Stevenson said 'Talisker and GlenLivet are the greatest drink made for man'. I am a might older than 38, this is a real bummer, I'm 61 and retired, 30 years in a petrochemical plant tends to take it's toll on the nervous system. Been single for 25 years cause I won't deal with nagging, or, I'm just to hard to get along with...............it's probably the later but, moving on. To answer your question, damned if I know! If I were to speculate' I'd say that makes sense. These cars were not an overnight project so GM/PAS would have made provisions for the long run.

Just relax there you Irish Texan. Its all in fun. That's why I put a smiley there:wink:

HA! You got me! I AM an analog guy in a digital world. No worries but, don't yuh think those face things are a bit gay? I never have understood them. I think the problem with electronic communication is, you can'nt look a person in the eyes.

I think the problem with electronic communication is, you can'nt look a person in the eyes.
Damn we need a webcam forum, forget all this typing crap.....uhmmm maybe not!!
I think this horse is beat