Window tint. Cant go limo anyone have pics of lighter

kurt24

Would love to go limo tint on the GN but I know a few city's around me will pull you over and make you pull it.
So anyone have pics of a lighter tint, like maybe a 30-35%

Thanks in Advance

Same here 35%. Here's my new door glass and quater windows with 35% on it. I know not on the car but gives you a pretty good idea.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    869.6 KB · Views: 152
Here's mine at 20% if you want somthing to compare with it looks a little darker then it is

Attachments

• image-2300911447.jpg
    image-2300911447.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 155
I have been contemplating my tint percentage for a long time. I am going with LLumar 35%. My reasons are as follows; I drive the car at night and don't really want to not see something in my side mirrors or even worse, have to roll down the window to see. It seems that even 20% is too dark for me. If you google images of cars with the percentage you want you will get A LOT of ideas. Keep in mind that a sunroof/T Tops, color of interior, way the sun hits a car, clouds, factory tint from the factory, etc. can really influence how dark the tint looks. I feel that the 35% will still be enough to block most light transmission except in direct/unclouded sunlight. Keep in mind too that we have pretty nice interiors on our cars, and usually some gauges, and for people to see in really isn't that bad of an idea.
Also I tested my GN with a tint meter and it looks like it has about 85% light transmission (15% blockage from the factory).
I will be getting my car tinted with 35% hopefully soon and will post pics.

M233roller-that is so awesome having Buick parts in your living room. I do it all the time and sometimes the wife goes crazy;) She usually draws the line when I bring them to the bedroom:eek:

Good choice with the llumar tint I have it on my gn and my daily driver been on the gn for 8 years they have a great product

You won't go wrong with 35%.

It's the median in darkness and is pretty much 50 state legal.

I prefer Suntek film because I know it doesn't discolor over time. I've seen too many 3M, Llumar, Madico, Sunguard, and other brands of film turn brown, blue or purple over time.

But that's just me and I don't know nuthin' 'bout no tint. :rolleyes:

Would love to go limo tint on the GN but I know a few city's around me will pull you over and make you pull it.
So anyone have pics of a lighter tint, like maybe a 30-35%

Thanks in Advance
35% on the front windows

Attachments

• gn4.JPG
    gn4.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 140
I went with 5% on mine all the way around. I also added a picture looking from the inside out so you can see how it looks. Sorry about the donked out monte though lol

ForumRunner_20130116_214854.png

ForumRunner_20130116_214922.png

..................But that's just me and I don't know nuthin' 'bout no tint. :rolleyes:

You may not know all about tint, but one of the guys working for you is an expert, and I have a car he did to prove it!
:)

No one ever notices the tint on the windshield but me, and of course you. :D

GNICTERY,
Our master bedroom is 34ft. long but the middle is all my nos parts and boxes of cars, Momma keeps giving me crap about WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET ALL THOSE BUICK PARTS OUT OF MY BEDROOM !!!!! ????
Sorry for the Hijack.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    867.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    734.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    841.5 KB · Views: 144
Here is mine with 35% in the front. 4% in the rear 1/4s and back glass and that makes the fronts look pretty dark at the right angle.

100_1669.JPG

Here is an old picture of legal 35% in CT.

Remember this was only a 2MP camera and a totaled car. :p

WE4_Phillips_parking_lot_good_pic_.jpg

5% back an the side quaters, 20% on the roll-ups,if anything i'll get pulled over the stripe on the front...8^(

IMG_7196.JPG
IMG_7197.JPG
IMG_7198.JPG

Thanks for the pics guys :)

think I will go 5% rear and side windows and 35% on the doors. That should let me get by with the cops around here.
I really like the tint you have on yours HelloBozos,but don't think I could get away with it.

Guy I know had a GN back in 87 that was 5% all around,including windshield. Looked nice but couldn't see anything at night

I just had it done last month,I never have my all my windows up riding around unless it's raining or freezing out. don't want the a/c drag on the motor an at high speed they like to blow out from the retaining clips away...Here's before pic, the front's arc's better...(the first tinted over 20 years old went Purple...heh)

Attachments

• shop side.jpg
    shop side.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 88