window sweeps for chrome TR

Freight Train

does anyone know where i can get new outside window sweeps for a TR with factory chrome package? it looks like they are part of the wide chrome moulding that sits on the top of the door..thanks for the help 1987 TR

Window sweep moldings?

Hi,
Hey I have a set of NOS ones for the later Turbo cars. When you say wide molding I don't really follow you as 84 was the only year that had the wide molding. Can send you pics. if interested.

m233roller said:
Hi,
Hey I have a set of NOS ones for the later Turbo cars. When you say wide molding I don't really follow you as 84 was the only year that had the wide molding. Can send you pics. if interested.

Mike maybe he is saying it's a Limited :confused: :wink:

The Limited's/chromed cars had a chrome/ss strip that was as wide as the exterior sill on it with the rubber into it. The blackout cars had only the narrow molding. The chrome version has been discontinued for quite some time. I'd try Brian for the chrome ones, I sold my last ones about 6 months ago.

I took my old chrome ones off and removed the old rubber (carefully; they are stapled on there). I then placed the new black ones over top of the old chrome and made minor trial and error adjustments until they fit nicely on the door (I had to elongate one of the holes in the new black ones). It didn't look stupid at all like I thought it might. Just an option for ya.

its not a limited

it is just a regular T Type but the belt moulding?,or whatever you call the moulding on the very top of the door is chrome/stainless and it is about 2 inches wide,it looks like the rubber is part of it,but i may be wrong...thanks to all for the help

btw I forgot to mention while I did buy black ones from gbodyparts.com, I believe the link I posted is for the chrome ones. check it out.

Eric,
Also fits the 84 T's, too. I put a set on my 84 WH 1,
they worked great and looks perfect.

turbobuickman said:
btw I forgot to mention while I did buy black ones from gbodyparts.com, I believe the link I posted is for the chrome ones. check it out.

Yep, those are the Limiteds.

Heres a list of all of the numbers.
85-87 GN/T-Type/W02/WE4/GNX with black molding
RH-20674282
LH-20674283
84 GN/T-Type/All years Limited
RH-20674276
LH-20674277
81-87 all Regal w/o Limited and W02 black package*
RH-20674278
LH-20674279
All coupes inside sealing strip
RH-20363106
LH-20363107
*Note: the original Regals are discontinued. These are the numbers for a Cutlass which uses the same door. The only difference is in the width of the chrome molding that is molded on it. The Cutlass uses a thinner molding, about half as wide as the Regal.