Window fogging

scotmarly

When I turn my heat on the windows fog up. There is no water or anti-freeze that leaks into the car, could it be the heater core. Thanks in advance.

Scott

Do you smell any anti freeze at all? Maybe a leak(from rain or washing) accumalating in the heater core box due to having a crack or chunk broken out of it?

What if you turn on the AC 1st?
Not even sure whether or not you can do that, but if you can it will get rid of the fogging when you first fire it up.

scotmarly said:
When I turn my heat on the windows fog up. There is no water or anti-freeze that leaks into the car, could it be the heater core. Thanks in advance. Scott
---------------------------------
Antifreeze leak in the heater core and the antifreeze fluid is evaporating when it hits the air so it is really leaking as a steam somewhere that you cannot see it, as up in a heater duct. Eventually, it will turn into a leak most likely. Do ask on the radiator as I know that it is not in the interior compartment, but I had a very small pinhole leak in the radiator, and I could watch it shoot steam periodically, but not steadily in front of the car. Windows fogged up then, too, but went away when i had the core replaced.
HTH

When my widows in my SS wouldnt stop fogging I was told it ws a heater core ans sure enough a week later it went on me. Repired and it stopped fogging up!

Had the same issue. Replaced the heater core and no more fogging!

Heater core...do a search on how to replace it. Not hard.