Will they work?

monkeyy337

By mistake I bought a set of KB rollers rockers off ebay and they have their own pedestals but I want to use them on stock turbo heads which of course have there own pedestals. I can get the pedestals off the KB rocker shafts but they only have springs to keep the rockers in alignment instead of spacers so was wondering if anyone ever converted this type rocker over to the ones without pedestals but with spacers, etc?

Larry,

Have you shown them to John or Lee? I plan on being at the track Saturday night, throw them in the car and we'll take look this weekend.

Pat

Larry,

Have you shown them to John or Lee? I plan on being at the track Saturday night, throw them in the car and we'll take look this weekend.

Pat
I talked to John but have not shown them to him or Lee. I e-mailed TA Performance today and they said their stuff will not inter-change with KB roller rockers. No wonder no one else bid on these.

Got any pics?? I used to run a set of old KB's. I had to remove some material on the one's next to the pedastals.Phil.

I can't post pictures but I think these might work with some parts removal (pedestals), then use the factory head pedestals, use the KB springs, and add some shims to seperate the rockers away from the pedestals. The set up will then be similar to how the stock rockers are set up on the early 400 Buick V8 engine.

If they're for the early odd fire then you may be able to remove the stands and use them. The odd fire engines used a stand alone pedestal and that's pretty much the difference. Pics would be helpful but if you test fit them after cutting the stock pedistals for clearance then they should work.

I thought maybe I could use some of the parts that TA Performance uses on there V6 roller rockers but the lady there said there roller rockers are different from KB ones and stuff will not interchange. Fast forward today, my buddy brought in a TA set for a Buick 455 and even though the spacers are longer (but can be cut down to size) they fit my shafts and so does almost everything else I might need for my V6 ones. I know I need to have my stock head pedestals machined so I can use these roller rockers but its my understanding you have to do that when you use anyones roller rockers. My rockers are the 1.55 ratio and I know they won't make a big difference but if I can pickup 5 horsepower I will be happy.

I can't post a picture as I don't know how and I don't have a camera either or a cell phone that takes pictures. Talk about ole school, guess I need to join this century.

I can't post a picture as I don't know how and I don't have a camera either or a cell phone that takes pictures. Talk about ole school, guess I need to join this century.

I had to ask how to post pics when I joined. Don't feel bad.

Click on "post reply" and wait until the page fully loads. Then scroll down untin you see "manage attachments". Click on that and then you can load from your puter or a URL link.

I had the issue about posting pics and finally got a camera so I could show others what I was talking about.:biggrin:

A friend of mine brought up a good question today and maybe some one knows the answer. Because these rockers are only stock ratio and they weigh more then the stock steel stamped rockers, they may slow the car down instead of picking up a couple of horsepower because of the added weight/stock ratio. Any thoughts?

Stock ratio yes, but I will point out that the factory didn't make the most accurate arms and the steel isn't the strongest. They flex more so the rollers will give better performance over all even though they may weigh more.