Will these tires fit?

turbowannabe

I'm going to look at a set of BFG G-Force T/A's tomorrow that are 275-50-15's, and was wondering if they would fit under my rear fenders without rubbing the frame. Right now I've got 16 inch GTA wheels with 245-50-r16's on and they only have about an 1-1/2 inches left between them and the frame, that's my concern with the wider tires. If the street slicks wouldn't fit could you guys recommend some good spacers to use that would make it so I would be able to use them? I'm getting a killer deal on the tires and am going to buy them either way. Let me know

thanks
Dan

I have the 275~50 ~15 on mine and have no rubbing issues at all. But I do have alumminum brake drums and some say they are a little wider.

I made two different posts on here, because no one made any replies, on the other one I got the same reaction "are you putting 15" tires on 16" rims?" I thought I originally posted that I was going to put the tires on two of my stock rims. I'm going to bring a couple of the stockers back with me the next time I go home, mount them and see how well they fit. I also have the aluminum brake drums so it sounds like they'll fit well. I can't wait till next spring to try out these tires.

thanks
Dan