Will GNX rims fit my T type?

ScottyRegal

theres a set of GNX replica rims i guess.. made by A.R.E. i wanted to buy them...but will they fit my 86 T type?

i also read a website stating the GNX rims:

The front and rear wheels were custom made for the GNX by JWC. The wheels are actually labeled "Rear Only" and "Front Only". They have specific offsets, which are different than the Grand National. The front wheels are stamped "-15" and the rears "-23", which is in millimeters. The front is 3-15/16" and the rear is 3-9/16". The difference comes out to approx. 8mm which matches the difference in the offset spec.

so im totally confused now...will GNX rims fit...or not fit?
and im guessing since the A.R.E. rims are replicas they are made to the exact specifications to these GNX wheels with the rear and the front type of offsets and meseaurments...so if the GNX rims wont fit, either will the A.R.E.

??

I'm pretty sure Dennis Kirbans "GNX" rims were ARE's, which actually look nothing like the original GNX rims, unless all black lace wheels look the same to you. The GTA "Front" wheels are a much closer match in design (they were also made by JWC) than ARE's.

Kirban GNX wheels were all the same (no front or rear offsets).

You need a backspacing between 3.5" and 4.3" for 8" wheels to work on your Regal, no matter what type of wheel you are putting on.

so when i get these 16X 8inch rims ...what needed to be done to make it have a 3-4 inch backspacing..whats involved to make them fit properly on my car?

Thanks

Originally posted by ScottyRegal
so when i get these 16X 8inch rims ...what needed to be done to make it have a 3-4 inch backspacing..whats involved to make them fit properly on my car?

Thanks

If they are Dennis Kirban "GNX" wheels, just bolt them on, they will fit fine.

Run 235/55 or 245/50 tires in front and 245/50 or 255/50 tires in back and you are set.

i have the same ARE wheels on my car... my rears rub slightly and they are only 255 width

i need to get a spacer and some longer wheel studs but this could just be my car... im sure all are different...

i recently put in an air bag in the rear susp. and this helped greatly unless i get 3 people in the car... then it rubs..

hope this gives you some idea of what to possibly expect... but im sure many other people have had no prob what so ever

ah ok...thanks for the info guys.

also so if i get 235/55/16 in the front...what if i go with 250/55/16 in the rear b.c you said your 255 rub slighty..right?

and also v8ttype..do you have a pic of your rims from a side view shot to see the depth of the rim and maybe a head on shot..thats would rock.

im really trying to see the diff between gbodyparts.com and A.R.E....

i think gbodyparts rim black spoked part is deeper with more a lip..which id rather have.

:cool:

Attachments

• black_02(2).jpg
    black_02(2).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 132