Will a turbo tweek chip wk with gen II translator?

matswtt

addicted to boost........
I've got a 93 chip/street
wondering if it will run with a gen 2 translator?

It will work, but some of the user adjustments in the Gen II won't work, like timing adjustments and WOT fuel adjustment. The TurboTweak chip already has that capability built in though, so you can still adjust WOT timing and fuel as long as you have the newest version (5.6) chip.
Also, if you have a wideband hooked up to the Gen II, the wideband tracking feature will not work without the Extender chip.

If you have a 5.5 or older TurboTweak chip, you may not be able to use the programmable features in the chip. It depends on whether you have the airtemp input hooked up to the Gen II or not.

Regards,
Eric

ok i dont have any info on the chip outside of it being a tt chip.
i'll pull and get back. and i don't have info on programining it.
thanks eric

Also, if you have a wideband hooked up to the Gen II, the wideband tracking feature will not work without the Extender chip.
Actually the wb tracking will work without the extender as all the Gen2 does to control this is adjust the scaler dynamically in the MAF signal conversion...but, if you are maxxing out the MAF reading at 255 then it will not work...which is easy to do if you have an upgraded turbo :)

oh yea?

cause i've removed all setting outside of system settings and it runs ok under low load but if i hit 2800rpm it starts to flutter like a friggin butterfly (same power to) i cant git more than 8 lbs of boost before this happens. ive got a 3.5maf. and a good sized turbo so if thats the case than i'll have to order a extender chip.:confused:

Yes, if you have the WB tracking all hooked up with the Gen2, the Extender chip is a must with the bigger turbo. Its the ExtenderG for the Gen2. I program my own chips and was hesitant to get another chip...but I bought my Gen2 at the NAts and the NAts special included the ExtenderG with the purchase..I finally installed it all about 2 months ago and love it...the car has never ran better and throttle response is awesome!! The WB AFR tracking is worth its weight in gold!
If you didn't have the Gen2, then a TT chip is the way to go, but with the Gen2, to get the full fuction of it, get the ExtenderG. I didn't make that clear in my previous post.

Yes, if you have the WB tracking all hooked up with the Gen2, the Extender chip is a must with the bigger turbo. Its the ExtenderG for the Gen2. I program my own chips and was hesitant to get another chip...but I bought my Gen2 at the NAts and the NAts special included the ExtenderG with the purchase..I finally installed it all about 2 months ago and love it...the car has never ran better and throttle response is awesome!! The WB AFR tracking is worth its weight in gold!
If you didn't have the Gen2, then a TT chip is the way to go, but with the Gen2, to get the full fuction of it, get the ExtenderG. I didn't make that clear in my previous post.

Rob,

I recently purchased an 87 T, with the following:

Champion CNC heads
Accufab 70mm TB
55# injectors
Precision stock oversized I/C
Precision PT-54
TH style DP into a cat to 2 1/2 (non-mandrel bent) duals w/ flowmasters
Built 200R4 w/ NL stall, ? on RPM - don't know but around 3K
Probable more that I can't think of right now...

I am new to the turbo world. I now have a Scanmaster 2.1 and recently ordered the Gen2 since my stock MAF crapped out on me. I am planning to get a WB O2 in the future and alky also. I have been recommended by several about Erics chips, but it sounds like his are not too compatible for the abilities that are out there now. How easy is it to use the extender chip and tune for someone that has not "been around the block" to say? I know very little about these computer controlled cars. I am an old school 462 CI big block Buick person. I know very little about my car except what I just mentioned, as the person I got it from received it on a trade and knew nothing about Buicks. It has several nice mods on it that have never worked correctly together, as it is in dire need of "tuning and tweaking".

The people that I have been getting advice from are quite rehearsed with Erics chips etc and do not have much experience with the extender chips. Will I be able to jump in and get my combo going easily?

Thanks for any and all inputs...

Mike

Hey Mike, with the Gen2 and the extender G chip using the wb feedback, its very very simple...With the hand held unit / display of the Gen2, you simply go thru the menus and select the rpm ranges and AFR you want it to accomplish and the timing Add alky later...all you need to do is make the AFR a little richer thru the menus...takes about 1 minute if your not familar with the menus..about 15 seconds if you are.

Make sure you have good wiring and soldering skills when installing it. I love the device.
Now, if you don't get the wb feedback at the same time, still no big deal, the fueling can be controlled with the Extender chip as it is also adjustable and comes with directions. If you get a Gen2 and then use another chip besides the Extender G, such as Erics, you won't be fully utilizing the Gen2. Erics chips are great chips hands down if you didn't have the Gen2. If you got the Gen2 Pro with is MAFless I think you have to use the Extender, but its not the "G" chip.

As for tuning, you need to invest in a laptop scan tool and learn how to read its data that it gives you. The Powerlogger seems to be the choice now, I don't yet have it, I use Direct Scan still, but it hasn't been upgraded in years..thats why the Powerlogger came out and can log boost and other 5V inputs..such as Fuel pressure if you have a ele fp gauge.
Try to target around 19 degrees timing at WOT and if no wbo2, then around 770mv-800mv on the narrow band o2...and ease into it gently until you have a feel for what the values mean and they are in check and absolutely NO KNOCK being detected.
KNOCK / SPARK RETARD IS BAD ;)

If you do this, you'll get it tuned and running very good for those mods...I'd also get it running good with say a safe amount of boost for pump gas, say 15# or so before you go turning it up any or adding alky inj.
There should be some other knowledgable folks in your area too that can help you first hand.