will a te-45 really handle 700 hp??

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
i know i am nuts but my new combo that im working on i want everything on it to be capable of 700 hp.. everything.

that way when i put it in the 650 hp range i wont be maxing nothing out.

im also looking for info on external fuel pumps that are definatly good to that power range..working with a fuel cell so no double pumpers.

i was looking to run a 45 turbo but if i must go up i will but if it will be reliable at 650-700 hp then thats what i will go with.

i kinda have a deal going on a 45 now that is being freshened up as we speak so im looking for this info before finalizing a deal.

i will be running GN1 heads also.

well Woody (azgn) makes damn near 650 hp in his 3700 pound beast, with a TE45a and ported irons. this is all done at about 23 psi also. it can be done and with GN1s you;ll prolly split the block in two :)

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
it can be done and with GN1s you;ll prolly split the block in two :)

most likely...:D

i'm prepared for that.:eek:

im also trying to get down to 3200# race weight..it should fly (apart?)

650 hp at 3200# =9:90's at around 136-7 :) sounds like fun to me.

You should get those #'s easy with a 45a. Is this a street car? If not you could always go bigger like a 70 or 72. Just need a bigger stall (3500-4000), can be a bit much for the street. Then just detune the car down a little. You are kind of going the same route as me. The stock block can handle +/- 600hp but after that its a paper weight. My combo so far is - max ported irons, 70mm tb/plenum, 214/208 cam, Craig 63E, Powerstroke FMIC, 9/11 3000 stall, Translator +, extender, 55# injectors, ATR 3" SS DP. My car is 3750#'s with me in it. I'am looking for mid 10's and no paper weights! :D

p.s. The goal is NO alky and 100 octane only! ;)

Almost forgot!

Wasn't you working on a triple turbo (51's) set up? :eek:

Did you give up on that project already? :rolleyes:

Just joke'n!

Whatever happened with all that?

Hope this isn't opening a can of worms...

Originally posted by Quickturbosix
Almost forgot!

Wasn't you working on a triple turbo (51's) set up? :eek:

Did you give up on that project already? :rolleyes:

Just joke'n!

Whatever happened with all that?

Hope this isn't opening a can of worms...

updates to that will be posted soon..waiting on some results

this car will be in race trim all the time..i will have my ttype with hotair motor back in it for cruizing this is for my 87 regal that is being gutted and i/c motor installed.
was going to be in my elcamino but desided to do the regal instead.

i have a 9-11 converter now and plan to restall it in the 34-3500 range.

im not real worried about traffic manners but i dont want to have to stall up for 5 minutes before taking off either...:)

a triple 51 setup might work with cutouts to reroute the exaust from one to the other.since it would take 2 to make a full pass i could switch at the 1/8 to the second one then have the 3rd one to get back to the pits...:D

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR

most likely...:D

i'm prepared for that.:eek:

im also trying to get down to 3200# race weight..it should fly (apart?)

650 hp at 3200# =9:90's at around 136-7 :) sounds like fun to me.

You should be able to do it with the weight down. I would girdle it too.

As far as paperweights go, I don't see any here.

I would think that for 9.90's you would have to have atleast a 70 if not a 72. I know Geno was running a 70 when he went 9.90's, but if I remember from his posts on the board, his car was much heavier than 3200lbs.
I remeber a few discussions of the TE45 vs the 70 and it basically came down to whether the car was primarily street or primarily track. I know Ed Zeliesko from Pittsburg has a full weight GN and was going 10.50's-10.60's with a TE45 at 30lbs of boost. If you ran the 70 or 72, you would be able to achieve atleast that performance with less boost. IMHO, I would go bigger. With the performance you want, you are already into the "time bomb" realm with a stock block.
On another note, my buddy has a 79 Monza Spyder with a TTA engine and a TE45, that car should go easy high 9's, but it also weighs about 2700lbs. Just some food for thought.

are we talking rwhp or flywheel? it think a 45 will do 650hp with not much problem. my car made 450 rwhp with 24 psi revving it up to 5500 rpm, it hink thats about 550 fly wheel hp. i know theres more left in it with 26-28 psi but i'm not gonna go there.

my 45A likes 3600 stall and flashes to 4000 at launch.....wouldn't go much lower than that....I have a Precision "0" pump on there now and I hate it (the "6" pump is going back on soon)

I'm sure the TE-45A is capable of 700hp cause Orlando ran 10.03 @133mph with a Precision TE64 which is pretty much the same turbo as the 45A. If your goals are really 9.90's like Geno you'd probably be better off with the PT70 4 bolt turbo which is capable of making 830hp which is enough for mid 9's.

it will only take 650 hp at 3200# to get in the 9:90 range.

with the weight of Geno's car it took around 718 hp

at 3700# it would take 753 hp.

i just want to make sure i dont push it to the edge at 650 thats why i want it cappable of 700.

Well Orlando ran 10.03 @133mph with the TE64 and his car weighed around 3400-3500lbs, but he was pushing it pretty hard at 36lbs of boost:eek: He's run that turbo with as much as 40 psi as stated at www.harpersracing.com but since your car will be about 200lbs lighter and you'll have GN1's you should be able to run 9.90's @134-136mph with about 27-30 psi. I hope you're planning on some killer 60' times like low 1.4's to high 1.3's!!!

Originally posted by 86brick
Well Orlando ran 10.03 @133mph with the TE64 and his car weighed around 3400-3500lbs, but he was pushing it pretty hard at 36lbs of boost:eek: He's run that turbo with as much as 40 psi as stated at www.harpersracing.com but since your car will be about 200lbs lighter and you'll have GN1's you should be able to run 9.90's @134-136mph with about 27-30 psi. I hope you're planning on some killer 60' times like low 1.4's to high 1.3's!!!
He is your hero isn't he;) I think every post you refer to him:) This post kind of makes me feel weird seeing 600-700 HP numbers on a production block being thrown around like it is nothing. It takes much more than parts to do it and even more to know enough to make it do it over and over without breaking. Too bad for you Orlando didn't get any ink at the Nat's so you could use him even more in your posts:D Where you at on the food-chain Brick?

I feel the same way....tired of hearing about so & so who
has never appeared in a public event......you need a new idle Brick!

not to mention, you always imply that because what's his name did it, it is a common thing....trust me it ain't! My idol, by the way, is Race Jace! (a real person, with a real car)

why don't you have this Orlando fellow show up for TSM next year or Vegas this year and see if he is for real.......

It seems to me that Orlando would win hands down, take the cash and his business boom even more with all the ink. Seems simple but yet I am :confused: why Orlando doesn't see it this way and go for it! I guess I don't actually have a single hero. My hero(s) are the ones that give back with knowledge and innovation. Some of the faster people don't let it trickle down which may or may not be the case with Orlando. I guess I do have one straight shooter that speaks straight and on an even level and that is Bob Armstrong.

Well I'd say he's my hero when it refers to running a stock block cause so far NObody has run low 10's as long as him on a production motor so he must be doing something right! I've never stated that it was easy to run those times and better yet not break. More than parts and everything else it's a LOT about trial and error especially when your trying to keep the head gaskets on when your running 40lbs of boost. The only reason I ever bring Orlando's name up is when somebody like Red is trying to run those times cause he's about the best example of what it takes in terms of horsepower and 60' times IMO. As far as where I am on the food chain my GN runs low 12's to high 11's with a 44 and the other basic bolt ons and I'm happy with that for now (until I have the money for a rebuild). BTW, I wish you good luck with the new motor and the hyperpathetic pistons;) :)

Originally posted by 86brick
Well I'd say he's my hero when it refers to running a stock block cause so far NObody has run low 10's as long as him on a production motor so he must be doing something right! I've never stated that it was easy to run those times and better yet not break. More than parts and everything else it's a LOT about trial and error especially when your trying to keep the head gaskets on when your running 40lbs of boost. The only reason I ever bring Orlando's name is when somebody like Red is trying to run those times cause he's about the best example of what it takes in terms of horsepower and 60' times IMO. As far as where I am on the food chain my GN runs low 12's to high 11's with a 44 and the other basic bolt ons and I'm happy with that for now (until I have the money for a rebuild). BTW, I wish you good luck with the new motor and the hyperpathetic pistons;) :)
Where does he run it to? Goes up and down the 1/4 four times a year with zero street miles?:confused: Red's has a pretty good handle on what it takes from what I see. I will be fine with the Hypers because I have "actually" used them before and have $$ to rebuild if I toss one so mine isn't money related like your situation.

Red's,

Correct me if I am wrong but are you still using Hypers for this mill?

Okay I think I see where this is going:rolleyes: I won't bring Orlando's name up ever again cause he's not a real guy with a real car:rolleyes: You guys go ahead and bash a guy you don't even know just cause he's not on the internet and I'm the bad guy:confused: Keep in mind he has NO problem speaking to BLACK6PACK or blackshoebox at the various car shows and from what they tell me he's a very nice guy that will talk to you until he's blue in the face. I haven't met the guy yet myself, but I know better than to say he isn't running these times cause he doesn't join this forum. YOU guys are the reason he's not on this forum!!! And when did I ever say running those times the way he did was common???? Give me a ****ing break!