will 87 heads fit on an 83 hot air car intake

Clark6

gonna give my brother my heads just wondering if they'd fit on his car.... with his intake i believe they will fit on the block.. thanks for any help.

Hi b4 black we were lookin at your car awhile back to compare his 83 set up. have you got in the 13 secs yet? i read you were shootin for 13s in 06 or 07?

any way i know the bottom will bolt up but we were looking at the intake mine has injectors going straight down into the heads his has a CARBURATOR was wondering if his ports would match up the heads had us scratchin our heads. now we're lookin at 83 intake gaskets to see if they match up.

Hi b4 black we were lookin at your car awhile back to compare his 83 set up. have you got in the 13 secs yet? i read you were shootin for 13s in 06 or 07?

any way i know the bottom will bolt up but we were looking at the intake mine has injectors going straight down into the heads his has a CARBURATOR was wondering if his ports would match up the heads had us scratchin our heads. now we're lookin at 83 intake gaskets to see if they match up.

They will match up, port the heads before putting them on. I have the 6283's with larger valves, but didn't port :mad:

Your injectors go thru the intake and sit inside the ports on the head, but heads are the same. Heads are the same SFI, NA or Carb/turbo.

Check Autozone on-line, they may list the same gasket part number for the 83 as the 87.

ok thanks b4black, mine have already been polished & ported thats why he wants them im going with champion aluminums.