Will 265/45/16's Fit on an 8" GTA Wheel?

Heg87t

Slightly Compressed User
Hey Everyone,

I am thinking about buying a set of this size tire. Anyone have any experience with this size? Any problems or advice?

Thanks a bunch

Thanks Jeremy. That was my thought so I am going to roll the dice and get a set.

We'll see if they rub. I'll post a picture after install and also the codes on the back of the wheel to end the GTA vs. GNX debate. ;)

Ha! Yeah no kidding! Keith was all over that on the Power Tour! I think he was ready to give up his first born to get your rims!:D

The new tires are here!! :)

They measure 9 1/8 rim width and 10 3/4" overall width as they sit.

I am going to try and get one mounted on Friday for test fitting. Hope they fit! :confused:
New_Tires_04-17-12.JPGNew_Tires_04-17-12_2.JPG

I just mounted a set of 275/40/17 drag radials that are specked for an 8.5-10 rim last night. I mounted them on an 8" rim. They are fine. I was actually surprised at how small they looked on the rim. I could go wider easily!

Here's pictures of the back of the wheels.

They are 16x8 and stamped "Front" and "OFF-15". The date code is 12/3/88 or 3/12/88.

GTA Wheel 2.JPG
GTA Wheel 1.JPG
GTA Wheel 3.JPG
GTA Wheel 4.JPG
GTA Wheel 6.JPG

Looking fantastic Dave! I told Keith to send you a PM about your wheels. Not sure exactly what they are.

BTW.....Are you planning to meet up with us again on the Power Tour? I think we will be heading to the Battle Creek area Friday night, then off to Milford in the moring and then Muskegon. If you'd like to join us, your more than welcome as always. We like to find out how that guys car is running and if he wants us to help him again this year. I think Keith still has his number.

Hi Charlie,

I have iron drums on the back. I only mounted one tire to see how it fit. The picture is on the front left. I am going to mount another tomorrow to put on the rear. These Kuhmo tires are more "square" than the 255 BFG's i had. They are about a 1/2" narrower at the sidewall. But gain that 1/2" back in extra tread width.

Looking foward to seeing if everything works and fits well Dave. It would give another option for the GTA wheels since tires seem to becoming an issue these days.:(

charlief1 said:
Looking foward to seeing if everything works and fits well Dave. It would give another option for the GTA wheels since tires seem to becoming an issue these days.:(

Yup thats were i was at. Didn't like the 255 choices out the for handling tires so i went this size. I'll post some more pictures when i get them all on. The on- line company sent me one damn 17" tire so i cant get them all on till next week. :(

ikle said:
Dave where did you buy those rims ? Are they the same ones that Kirban Performance sells ? I love the way they look, that's the look I am after. Thanks,Kyle.

Boy... Its been so long i don't remember. I think i got them at a swap meet or eBay. They are not Kirban wheels but GTA wheels.

BTW.....Are you planning to meet up with us again on the Power Tour? I think we will be heading to the Battle Creek area Friday night, then off to Milford in the moring and then Muskegon. If you'd like to join us, your more than welcome as always. We like to find out how that guys car is running and if he wants us to help him again this year. I think Keith still has his number.

Thanks for the invite Jeremy. My schedule looks full with camping with the kids unfortunately. I don't think I will make it this year. If I do it will be a last minute thing.

Heg87t said:
Yup thats were i was at. Didn't like the 255 choices out the for handling tires so i went this size. I'll post some more pictures when i get them all on. The on- line company sent me one damn 17" tire so i cant get them all on till next week. :(

I finally got the car out today. Here's a picture. I went for a quick drive and had no problems with rubbing.

They do pick-up a lot of rocks off the road and smoke easily when you spin them. :)

Attachments

• image-1103878725.jpg
    image-1103878725.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 141