Widening an aluminum N78 wheel?

b4black

Any thoughts on widening the N78 aluminum wheel that came on 1980-1984 Regals? They are 14x6.

close2.jpg

Or now with all the CNC shops out there, is it reasonable to have someone "scan" the wheel design and make a 15x8? Anybody ever look into something like this? I know they make the 86/87 GN wheel in aluminum now.

I doubt there'd be that much interest Rich. I'd like to see them a little bigger like a 16" or 18" rim but the cost would be more than what most would want to pay.

I don't needs others. I just want two. Not sure if it's possible or practical with this style of rim.

It's really not different than doing a steel rim. I would go to the salvage yard and look at what aluminum rims they have and either cut out your centers at the rim and have a welder weld the centers to the new hoops, or using two rims cut them so you get the width you want and have them welded together. Not a cheap way but a lot cheaper than having new rims machined.

These rims really don't don't have a center and hoop. I think all the added width would need to go on the inside like the rim in the picture. Looks like Weldcraft does nice work.

I need to check and see what size drag radials are out there.