Wideband wiring routing help?

GMGUY2

I am going to be installing an AEM wideband tomorrow and just wanted to get some ideas on where guys are running the wiring to get into the cockpit? I will be mounting sensor under car, closer to the end of the down pipe.

Is there an easy spot to pop it through the passenger footwell???

Any suggestions would be appreciated?

I drilled a hole in the passenger floorboard up near the top left of it. Routed my EGT wire thru there as well. Not everyone is willing to drill holes in their car though. I know there is a grommet in the passenger side firewall but just didn't feel like dealing with that.

I am going to be installing an AEM wideband tomorrow and just wanted to get some ideas on where guys are running the wiring to get into the cockpit? I will be mounting sensor under car, closer to the end of the down pipe.

I think its suggested to put the sensor about 16-24 inches from the turbo.

My AEM installation instructions say if you anticipate high egts (over 800C), or run a turbocharger, then you must mount the sensor at least 36 inches or more downstream.

I just can't find that dang grommet in passenger side firewall, is it visible from the bottom side? Is it in valley where the downpipe runs?

Any help would be great.

My AEM installation instructions say if you anticipate high egts (over 800C), or run a turbocharger, then you must mount the sensor at least 36 inches or more downstream.

I just can't find that dang grommet in passenger side firewall, is it visible from the bottom side? Is it in valley where the downpipe runs?

Any help would be great.
I had an ac/ delete plate on mine so i just ran it through the plate..Im interested to know about the grommet as well, I plan on putting my autometer wideband on in a few weeks..Anyone have pics of this?

I ran mine by the trans shifter cable into the center console. Then under the center console to the dash area. No new holes whatsovever. Brad

Any help would be great.

I have an AEM and my instructions say 24". Where did you get 36"? If you call tech support they will tell you 24". This helps to insure life of the WB. Now it wont fit at 24" unless you like it close to your header and at the 10 o'clock position. But it you move it up to 18", you can set it at 2 o'clock and makes a nice fit. Plus it is tucked in and makes for a clean install.

I have an AEM and my instructions say 24". Where did you get 36"? If you call tech support they will tell you 24". This helps to insure life of the WB. Now it wont fit at 24" unless you like it close to your header and at the 10 o'clock position. But it you move it up to 18", you can set it at 2 o'clock and makes a nice fit. Plus it is tucked in and makes for a clean install.
Yea I have this ATR downpipe I have to weld one on to;)

there are yellow and pink vacuum lines that run through a gromet in the firewall in the passenger side footwell. there's plenty of room in the grommet to drill a hole in it for the wideband wiring. that's where i ran mine. do a search, someone posted some pics of it.

Make sure you mount the wideband so it's vertical or as close as possible...anything else and it will retain moisture which eventually ruins the sensor...